CMB RS91H ENGINE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not what i know???

I have not asked, so far i have not had any problem with the AAC?

Anders

Last edited by a moderator:
:unsure: Have to reduce nitro (less 40%) for AAC liner in long term If you want to get more than +50% up so it will be short term so choice your risk!! and :eek: will replace to buy new liner/piston $$$ that's why!

Don, I can't speak about the 91RS, but the 1.01RS I ordered back in January from Jerry at Seaducer (direct shipped from Tidewater) came with an ABC piston and sleeve. I ordered the motor as bone stock, no mods or special considerations, straight out of the box.

Don, I can't speak about the 91RS, but the 1.01RS I ordered back in January from Jerry at Seaducer (direct shipped from Tidewater) came with an ABC piston and sleeve. I ordered the motor as bone stock, no mods or special considerations, straight out of the box.
Well the rumor I heard was U.S. market 91 & 101RS motors may start being shipped all with ABC sleeves due to our love of hi nitro. The AAC does not like nitro content over 30-40% is what I have been hearing and the last time I ran an Evo II 90 with AAC sleeve on 50% I had problems with the chrome seperating as did others. :blink:

Due to the costs of Nitro in Europe (over 50us$ a 1/4 Gallon)

Most of us in the 90/91 class are using 5 to 20%.

Probably that's why we don't have difficulties with the AAC liners.

And when you 'touch' the chrome during "tuning" it falls off. :angry:

So ... in the future i'll have to order my ABC liners in the USA :)

There are four (4) 91 HR motors in the US at present.

one will go in Bobby's soat at Tidewater, 2 are going to Stu and one is headed out to Texas.

These are the prototype motors and inputs from the users will determin any changes or the GO AHEAD for production.

they WILL drop into the mount that is previuosly used by the CMB 80's but the user will have to drill 2 new mounting holes in the mount for the front bolt holes.

the RS 91 will remain AAC and the 101 is a ABC set up.

CMB ALMOST DROPPED the 80 motors with the introduction of the 91HR.

Thanks to Art at Tidewater, the 80's will remain in production till the cows come home.

carl cisneros

one will go in Bobby's soat at Tidewater, 2 are going to Stu and one is headed out to Texas.

These are the prototype motors and inputs from the users will determin any changes or the GO AHEAD for production.

they WILL drop into the mount that is previuosly used by the CMB 80's but the user will have to drill 2 new mounting holes in the mount for the front bolt holes.

Thanks to Art at Tidewater, the 80's will remain in production till the cows come home.

carl cisneros
:ph34r: Price$---.--? for 91HR :rolleyes: thanks, Allan

...they WILL drop into the mount that is previuosly used by the CMB 80's but the user will have to drill 2 new mounting holes in the mount for the front bolt holes.
If, as Anders previously mentioned, the 91H will have the same bolt pattern as the K90 then you will need to either significantly move your motors forward or backward to redrill 4 new holes or replace your motor mount rails. The bolt pattern of a K90 differs from a CMB greenhead or a MAC (they're the same bolt pattern) in that 2 holes will line up but the other 2 existing mounting holes will overlap into where you need to drill the new holes. I found this out first hand when the K90 was pulled out of my single SGX to go back to a MAC84. The K90 is also a touch wider at the mounting ears than CMB greens or MACs are so it will not be a direct fit if it's the same pattern as the K. Come to think of it, it won't be a direct fit for a K90 either as the K motor is much longer. So if it replaces a K90 a new stuffing tube & shaft will be needed, not a "drop in" for anything... :blink:

carl cisneros
:ph34r: Price$---.--? for 91HR :rolleyes: thanks, Allan
http://www.iansboats.co.uk/cmb.htm

~Mitch

carl cisneros
TEXAS? :ph34r:

-Buck-

Wow.........

Well, i don`t know how many times i have to say that the engine has a case with of 48mm and cc between the screws of 28mm, so it vill NOT fit strait in were you had a 67 or 80 engine.

It`s NOT a small block.

Do you have a engine Carl??

Anders

Wow.........

Well, i don`t know how many times i have to say that the engine has a case with of 48mm and cc between the screws of 28mm, so it vill NOT fit strait in were you had a 67 or 80 engine.

It`s NOT a small block.

Do you have a engine Carl??

Anders
Amen, As much as some people seem to think this case is a mac copy they are wrong. I talked to Bobby today, the case IS LARGER THAN MAC 84'S AND CAM 80'S! He is changing his motor mounts in a boat because of it. The case is comparable in size to a k90. The drum rear end is bigger to fit the new case. Also the sleeve is ABC construction! Jeff

Back