CMB Remote mixture

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradV

I am contemplating fitting a bellcrank and lever system to the standard CMB remote needle assembly.

As far as I can see the only limitation might be not enough throw available to make enough difference to mixture setting. ie these needles can move as much as 1/2 a turn without making a lot of difference to mixture settings.

Has anyone tried doing it this way?

BradV said:
I am contemplating fitting a bellcrank and lever system to the standard CMB remote needle assembly.
As far as I can see the only limitation might be not enough throw available to make enough difference to mixture setting.  ie these needles can move as much as 1/2 a turn without making a lot of difference to mixture settings.

Has anyone tried doing it this way?

100574[/snapback]

For what it's worth I've tried using the stock cmb needles and they only worked for me on the .21 engines,they also seemed to be rather sensitive to adjustments.

Not the best for 3rd channel needle use in my opinion.

I would use the CMD 3rd channel instead of the CMB.I agree that some CMB needles don't work well.I found out the one that came with my engine couldn't close the fuel passage.

Gill

Gil what is this CMD unit you are talking about?

My CMB needle is working great, but I would love the ability to lean it off a tad on the run..

Brad the CMD unit is the one sold by Andy Brown.In fact it is a kalistratov(russian) 3rd channel they adopted for the Mac's engines.

Since I've stuck to them this task is much easier and reliable on my riggers...

Thanks

Gill

Thanks Gil, been having trouble finding it on the web. Do you have a web address? Nothing on the CMD site..

www.rossisales.com distributes K engines in US maybe they have what you need.

Good luck

Gill

Thanks guys, I thought about Tony Grinter but didn't see them in his catalogue. I'll do it that way.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back