• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale CMB EVO II 90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll take it for $325 shipped
He didn't respond to my offer yet.

FOUL!

I'll now increase my offer to $330.

"#5- If there is any legitimate offers or deals pending between a potential buyer and seller any other interested individuals need to allow a reasonable time for a response to said deal/offer (at least 12 hours). Also simply stating things like "I'm interested" or "I have a question" does not constitute an offer!! If you are seriously interested in buying say something like "I'll take it pending answer to question". Also keep in mind these are offers or deals within the scope of original for sale post. In other words if the seller makes no mention of taking trades don't simply offer a trade and expect that person to just hold it for you over a cash offer without you at the very least saying something like "I'd like first dibs regardless" if again it's something you really want. We all have seen stuff listed for sale that ultimately a trade was done instead as it was a good deal for both. It is acceptable to post something like I will take if he/she passes, etc. as that establishes a sort of waiting list if the offer or counter offers are not accepted. There has been a sharp increase in complaints and occurrences lately that has necessitated adding this rule."

Yepper. You did not say the magic words. His offer trumps your offer. And your upping the offer after the fact does nothing. I would say he did respond to your offer. By taking the higher one.
Mike

He didn't respond to my offer yet.

FOUL!

I'll now increase my offer to $330.

"#5- If there is any legitimate offers or deals pending between a potential buyer and seller any other interested individuals need to allow a reasonable time for a response to said deal/offer (at least 12 hours). Also simply stating things like "I'm interested" or "I have a question" does not constitute an offer!! If you are seriously interested in buying say something like "I'll take it pending answer to question". Also keep in mind these are offers or deals within the scope of original for sale post. In other words if the seller makes no mention of taking trades don't simply offer a trade and expect that person to just hold it for you over a cash offer without you at the very least saying something like "I'd like first dibs regardless" if again it's something you really want. We all have seen stuff listed for sale that ultimately a trade was done instead as it was a good deal for both. It is acceptable to post something like I will take if he/she passes, etc. as that establishes a sort of waiting list if the offer or counter offers are not accepted. There has been a sharp increase in complaints and occurrences lately that has necessitated adding this rule."
Move on from this older style engine (just like the seller has) and put the money towards newer engines. I understand if you have a lot of parts for these but just saying.

Back