cmb 90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake johnson

i have an older cmb 90 engine and im wondering how to seperate the crank shaft from the connecting rod.

Thanks Blake

Last edited by a moderator:
The crank pin has to be pressed out of one of the crank halves. Getting them apart is not as difficult as putting them back together and true'd.

Have a look HEREto see how to dismantle the engine.

Next, have a look at the next link and you will see what you are up against regarding making the crank run true. link

Good luck!

once you split the crank it needs to be indicated back in on a lathe.. if you can or know how that is fine.. if not i would send it to someone that know's how.

my father has and does work on them ALOT and know's what to do

his name is steve wood

chris

can i just remove the piston to take the crank and rod out?
you need to remove the rear cover and rotor. if you don't,it makes it difficult to put the crank back in,and get the rotor lined back up. i have seen people screw up the rotor,trying to install the crank with the rotor still in.once the clip and pin is out you can remove the liner and then the piston.then remove the front cover,and then remove the crank assembly. there are no shortcuts.do it in the proper order,and you won't have any problems

Back