cmb .65 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avbrando

hi all, my father and i just bought a rigger with a .65 cmb engine and cannot find a starter to crank it over. where can we find a starter that will fire this beast ? also this engine doesnt have mutch compression when rotating by hand, but as soon as you try with the starter it is pretty mutch impossible to spin this thing. is this normal for cmb? any help on base needle settings? thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all, my father and i just bought a rigger with a .65 cmb engine and cannot find a starter to crank it over. where can we find a starter that will fire this beast ? also this engine doesnt have mutch compression when rotating by hand, but as soon as you try with the starter it is pretty mutch impossible to spin this thing. is this normal for cmb? any help on base needle settings? thanks in advance.

have you tried loosening the glow plug? maybe you need a different starting belt. Sometimes if I have problems starting just trying a new belt will help a lot.

have you tried loosening the glow plug? maybe you need a different starting belt. Sometimes if I have problems starting just trying a new belt will help a lot.
In addition to what Tom has suggested, hook two 12 volt starter batteries in series and use 24 volts even though it is marked 12 volt on the starter. That will do it for sure. Also, make sure your engine is blowen out first by turning it with the starter and no glow plug and pinching off the fuel line just before you stop the starter. (Fuel will blow out so be careful to cover with towel.) The switch on the starter will one day burn out but your talking years. One other thing, turn your flywheel clookwise to compression before starting. All these things help with large engines.

Don ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try loosening the plug one turn and a new belt always helps. Also make sure to wipe the belt clean of any grease before pulling. It also helps to rotate the engine clockwise by hand with the glow driver off to the point where you start to feel compression, apply the glow starter and then start with belt. This gives the starter a half turn head start to get the motor cranked. If the above doesn't all help, buy a Sullivan model 4 starter and run it on 24V. It will start the hardest motor with ease!

Tyler

Back