cmb 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cudacuda

I'm looking to buy a VG CMB 45. What does the VG stand for and does anyone have a spec sheet for this engine? I cannot find anything on a VG.

I'm looking to buy a VG CMB 45. What does the VG stand for and does anyone have a spec sheet for this engine? I cannot find anything on a VG.

You see Steve Wood there is a listing in the other web site for selling stuff and it is listed as noted below:

Steve muck sport 40 only ran 3-4 times in like new condition comes with all hardward including mtr mount no radio165.00

I have a vg cmb 45 with a os max carb on it, its apurple head as you can see about 3-4 yrs old with very little use( went to gas)

I guess the history on these two items, I have been told is, they were sold on Intlwaters for 500.00 as a complete boat, now being sold on ebay, never heard of a VG CMB 45. I thought that this forum would be a good place to learn about inboards, since I have always ran outboards , so your comment is great thanks for all of the input, looks like you have been around alot so you have a VG day

The motor you are looking at is a 45 hydro the owner said he always put his motors away w/wd40 not the correct answer.I looked at the boat and motor passed on both.Best case it will need a set of bearings and a good scrubbing.JWB

The motor you are looking at is a 45 hydro the owner said he always put his motors away w/wd40 not the correct answer.I looked at the boat and motor passed on both.Best case it will need a set of bearings and a good scrubbing.JWB
WD-40 is as good a alum cleaner you can find,if it needs scrubed its not been taken care of! I dont know what he wants for the motor but ive seen 10 of those purple head 45 hydro motors blow rods.......

What I was getting at is that wd40 is not a preservitive but a water dispersent the time the motor spent on the shelf was unprotected like I said I passed on the motor

You see Steve Wood there is a listing in the other web site for selling stuff and it is listed as noted below:

Steve muck sport 40 only ran 3-4 times in like new condition comes with all hardward including mtr mount no radio165.00

I have a vg cmb 45 with a os max carb on it, its apurple head as you can see about 3-4 yrs old with very little use( went to gas)

I guess the history on these two items, I have been told is, they were sold on Intlwaters for 500.00 as a complete boat, now being sold on ebay, never heard of a VG CMB 45. I thought that this forum would be a good place to learn about inboards, since I have always ran outboards , so your comment is great thanks for all of the input, looks like you have been around alot so you have a VG day
cudacuda,

you will not find anything either regarding a VG CMB 45 since there is no such thing as a VG CMB.

reading how the seller wrote his ad, what he meant is that he has a Very Good (that's what the VG stands for, nothing else) CMB 45 with an OS Max Carburator.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of the input, now this is what I thought a forum is all about. Steve sorry about the comments about vg, it does make one feel like he put is foot in his mouth ;{ I dont use WD-40 to clean anything with, due to the salt content in WD-40. Only use a good after run oil after each race and to put in long turn stowage I use a ams oil product that is use to break in new car motors also use it on the frist start up on my RC motors. Thanks nitrowin, SayMikey for the infor on this motor and Dan Hydro will you come by and help pull my foot out of my MOUTH :D

Thanks for all of the input, now this is what I thought a forum is all about. Steve sorry about the comments about vg, it does make one feel like he put is foot in his mouth ;{ I dont use WD-40 to clean anything with, due to the salt content in WD-40. Only use a good after run oil after each race and to put in long turn stowage I use a ams oil product that is use to break in new car motors also use it on the frist start up on my RC motors. Thanks nitrowin, SayMikey for the infor on this motor and Dan Hydro will you come by and help pull my foot out of my MOUTH :D

dad that happens a lot, the whole foot in mouth deal................... B)

Back