Clubs in Western Michigan

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstolz

I am looking for any Nitro clubs that are in Western Michigan, Kalamazoo area. Anybody know of any?

Your lucky day (kind of) as I live in the Zoo also!

We've got the SW Michigan Model Boat Club up in Grandville. Get off 131 at 28th Street and head west just past the Chicago Drive overpass. Turn right where you'll see the Battlefront Gaming and R/C sign, we're at the north end of the lake. IMPBA or NAMBA membership is required to run at Sanford Lake though. We run mostly nitro and gas boats at the lake but welcome anyone.

http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showtopic=31434

I do have a couple of places here in town that I've tossed my boats in the water also. Spring Valley Park is one of them.

I work second shift normally but I'm on vacation next week. Feel free to call me, I'm in the phonebook under Ronald and Brenda.

We tried several times to get a club going here in the Zoo but without much luck. The city Parks and Recreation Dept. was very helpful but we just couldn't get the members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay,

I'm also from the Grandville club and as Ron posted, you're more than welcome to join us. I know it's a bit of a drive, but It's a great place to run, with buoys out full time, drivers stand and a chase boat. And I can guarantee, swimmers, boaters and fisherman won't be there to hinder your boating time. The pond is dedicated to our RC boats.

If you need my phone #, just PM me

Ron,

It also looks like we're growing. A few of the old GR club members contacted me and they would like to join us at Sanford lake. I met the old club President up there on Monday and he's rounding up the old gang. He told me that they also still have enough $$ in the old kitty to purchase the old members IMPBA cards to help get them out too.

We will also have electrics up there now too.

It should be fun.

It must be some of the Grand Rapida Area Wave Runners. They've also got a starting clock sitting in the basement of Hobby World! Scott VanSlooten is the only one that I know of but have run with some of them a few years ago at a pond near Scott's house.

Cal me this weekend if you want. I may make a run down to Constantine Saturday for the full-sized boat races weather permitting but will probably be at Sanford Lake Tuesday or whatever day Walt's going to be there. Monday is shot with it being my wedding anniversary so I gotta hang around with the wife for a while.

The lake is a hair over 50 miles from my house on the east side of town.

If you've got a place here in town that's cool to run at, let me know.

Jay,

I'm also from the Grandville club and as Ron posted, you're more than welcome to join us. I know it's a bit of a drive, but It's a great place to run, with buoys out full time, drivers stand and a chase boat. And I can guarantee, swimmers, boaters and fisherman won't be there to hinder your boating time. The pond is dedicated to our RC boats.

If you need my phone #, just PM me

Ron,

It also looks like we're growing. A few of the old GR club members contacted me and they would like to join us at Sanford lake. I met the old club President up there on Monday and he's rounding up the old gang. He told me that they also still have enough $$ in the old kitty to purchase the old members IMPBA cards to help get them out too.

We will also have electrics up there now too.

It should be fun.
Ron and Walt,

I appreciate the offer to come out. Our club is the MMEU "Mid Michigan Electric Unlimited". We used to be located in Lansing. But now the club has races in Shelby. I live in Spring Arbor, just Southwest of Jackson. It's about a 2 hour drive from Spring Arbor to Shelby. I have two other friends that live in Colomo. We are trying to find a place to test that is convenient for the 3 of us. Kzoo is the mid point between us.

Do you have regular races? Our club has races once a month. Right now the 3 of us are car pooling to Shelby. It helps to take the bite out, but it's still a long trip.

I've been to a Michigan Cup race when it was behind the strip mall in the park off Saginaw Highway. I was contacted last week by a FE boater in Coldwater looking for someone to run with, I need to get him together with your bunch as my knowledge of FE boats is very limited.

We don't have what you'd call "regular" races but more like get-togethers on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Back