choppy water

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron westman

any ideas of a good set up for mv hydro on rough water . I keep nose diving,tried a few things but still nose diving . maybe get a snorkel? lol

Down the straight against the wind. I tried more positive prop angle and then alittle more prop depth. that's all i thought of at the time.

Bill might wantr to chime in kick your strut out some that will lift the nose up you might have to much negitive on the strut. Robert

Down the straight against the wind. I tried more positive prop angle and then alittle more prop depth. that's all i thought of at the time.
Byron, i agree with Robert in that you may have too much angle on the prop..pull the strut up a little and see what happens....also check the CG of the boat, although i would be a little surprized if that was an issue unless youve made major changes to the stuff inside the boat....its a little wierd that you have this problem as ive never stuffed my MV....how rough of water are we talkin here? What prop do you have on the boat? You might even consider adjusting the turn fin, but whatever you do, try one thing at a time!!

Some folks run with their prop thrust pointing down a little (negative thrust??). As the boat leaves the water, this sets the boat up to stuff...by pushing the back of the boat up.

I have never ran well with a vegas in rough water (I guess the definition of rough is probably different for different folks). But from what I have figured out so far...point the thrust angle up a little, and pushing the prop deeper, helps in rough water.

I would say if someone says they have never stuffed their boat in rough water, then their definition of rough is different than mine.

I run a two blade props, and have seen some boats running a three blade prop appear to do better in rough water. Not sure if they did anything else to the boat though (Like move the CG, etc).

Just my 2 cents...

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Run the strut higher and flatter to get it to stop stuffing, then when it blows off go back a bit. Rough water is not a real good testing time. Small Vegas boat wont take much to upset it. If the waves are longer than the boat that is rough water,or white caps.

Ok, I think I got this figured out...here is a link to some MV boats running in rough water...

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean , that was the same type of conditions or a little rougher at times. tough boating stay of the throttle.

Byron,

I have two marks on my MV strut, one for calm water (deep strut) and one for rough water (shallow strut with just a hair of positive).

that race day on the video was to rough for the Vegas (as you can see with everyone stuffing) if you were ridding in rougher than that, you need to get a bigger boat.

your asking for a miracle which the Vegas won't give you (well, not in white caps).

Dan.

i built one of my freinds a vegas and that thing only likes the choppy water. the chopier the better. let me find video of it and ill get it in here so you can see

any ideas of a good set up for mv hydro on rough water . I keep nose diving,tried a few things but still nose diving . maybe get a snorkel? lol
that water is wat to rough for those littles boat that kind of chop would be challenging enough for a sport 40 or sport 60 little lone that sport 18

William,

not saying they don't like the chops, mine runs fine in it and she stays nice and flat.

just saying that once we are in the white caps and rollers we have well passed the choppie part and we are kind of asking for a miracle.

Dan.

I've run my vegas in some pretty rough water, and the end result is usually always the same STUFFED!!!! the biggest thing you can do is get your cg right so when it does leave the water it flies level or just slightly nose up. On the stock strut I cut the adjustment slot so I could move the prop within 3/8 of the hull. Running a 440/2 it ran best for me at about 1/2 -5/8 center line of prop to bottom of hull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZdQjsQjdlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuPC4J3DGi8

Back