Charlotte club maybe coming together

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I have contacted a few people in the Charlotte area to run. We have secured a VERY small pond to run in. This is really just a spot to run a little and meet each other. We are trying to gather a stable group and collectively secure a bigger place to run.

This is exciting stuff.. If you are in the area please contact me to get the info on joining..

We are going to run this sat... should be more like demolition derby!!!

Good luck. If any of the old Charlotte crowd shows up, let me know. It would be great seeing those guys again.....Art, Marty, Grover, Tom, Mike, Fred, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I would just like to think everyone that came out today making our 1st event a success, and to mr.shaw this is mitch stinson grovers son, yessir alot of the old crowd is apart of the group my dad,scott,marty, kieth windsor,fred washam etc. you should come run with us

Mitchell, Glad your first event was a success. Wish the guys that came up to Centreville last weekend would of introduced themselves to me. Ron was at the event. We may have another race in August. Bring the boys up. Good luck with the new club!!

If we get approval from the Pond Management, it will be the weekend of August 23-25. Will hopefully have an answer some time next week.

Mitchell,

Thanks for saying hello and reaching out. All of the names above, including your Dad, were some of my best friends. It will be great to see all of them again. I just started back a couple of years ago now that my girls are older. Would love for you all to make the race Chilli mentioned above. I would also like to come down and run with you guys in Charlotte one weekend. Please tell everyone I said hello and I hope to see all of you soon.

No problem and I surely will tell everyone also we have another event coming before the event chilli mentioned on july 20th if you would like to.come visit our pond and be our honored guest we would love to have you

No problem and I surely will tell everyone also we have another event coming before the event chilli mentioned on july 20th if you would like to.come visit our pond and be our honored guest we would love to have you
Thanks Mitchell. I saw the pics you posted. A lot of familiar faces. Your Dad hasn't changed a bit....lol. I will never forget the Atlanta race when one of his boats lost radio and launched on the pit wall and flew right through the pit area at about 60mph, missed everyone!!!!!.... :) I think either Fred or Marty was calling for him. Lot's of great stories from those days.

I look forward to seeing you guys.

Mitchell,

Good to hear that some of the old racers are still around and interested in the boats. My Dad and I did a lot of racing in your area. Tell all of the old guys I said "Hi", especially your Dad.

Dick Tyndall

Mitchell,

Good to hear that some of the old racers are still around and interested in the boats. My Dad and I did a lot of racing in your area. Tell all of the old guys I said "Hi", especially your Dad.

Dick Tyndall
Dick,

Loved your Dad. He loved racing and messing with these darn toy boats as much as any of us did years ago. I met a gentleman, (George or Larry), at the Centerville race last week from Delaware and asked if he remembered Art Valdesere??? Ended up Art was the one that got him started years ago. There have been so many good people in this hobby.

Where about is the Charlotte pond? May have to come by and check it out.

Art had some of the most beautiful Aeromarine cat boats ever created. I still remember the "Wind Beneath My Wings" hull he owned and ran. I told him many times his boats were real works of art and should never get into the water. But he always competed and did well in every race.

Mitchell - give your dad a great hello. Miss him, Marty, John Scott, Tom, Dale, Art Schmidt and company. Enjoyed them, their races on Lake Norman and their friendships most. Been too long I hate to say.

I am happy to be part of this club,.. I got to run and talk about my rigger designs. I may be able to share some of the boats with the FE guys here. Very nice to have a group here. I hope we can keep it together and eventually find a bigger location.

I am going to to try and speak the people where we used to run and see if I can get them interested in allowing us too run there with some structure,.. certain days, and hours.. and maybe offer them some $$$

All great guys.. the only bad thing was that horrible picture posted of me.. that had to be the worst angle in the world for my fat gut to show!

@Dick: ill deffinatly tell my pop you said hello as well as the rest of the crowd

@ron: we still trying to reel you in to come visit

@ed: the pond is located at 5101 prosperity church rd in charlotte Nc

@ everyone: we would love to have all of you at our next event 7/20/2013

Back