Charleston Model Boaters Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The race went off rather well. Mother Nature still showed who is boss on Saturday afternoon when she dumped over an inch of rain in a hour. We called it a day after just starting round 3 and ran 4 heats. Other than that the weather was good and ended up much cooler than earlier in the week. Today's temp did not get to 80. The friendship and fellowship was outstanding coupled with the traditional southern hospitality. You missed a good one.

The results of the race are as follows:

B Mono

1st - Bob Halliday (Father)

2nd - Bobby Halliday (Son)

3rd - Ryan Knight

B Tunnel

1st - Mike Talley (Smack Busters Team)

2nd - Kevin Lee

3rd - Don Gilbert

B Hydro

1st - John Knight

2nd- James Clegg

3rd - Ryan Knight

Sport 40

1st - Mitch Atwell (Jax Fun Bunch)

2nd - Randy McCarty

3rd - T. R. Roberts

D Tunnel

1st - Don Gilbert

2nd - Kevin Lee

3rd - Tony Atwell (Jax Fun Bunch)

D Mono

1st - Bobby Halliday (perfect score)

2nd - Scott Norris (after a 20 year layoff)

3rd - Mark Harrelson

D Hydro

1st - John Knight

2nd - James Clegg

3rd - Stan Sova

E Mono

1st - Bobby Hallliday

2nd - Scott Norris

3rd - Mark Harrelson

E Hydro

1st - John Knight

2nd - John Brown

3rd - Don Gilbert

LSG Open Mono

1st - Kathy Huff (Way to go MOM!)

2nd - Don Huff

3rd - Scott Huff

23-30 LSG Mono

1st - Scott Huff

2nd - Kathy Huff

3rd - Don Huff

Open Tunnel

1st - Mike Talley

2nd - Mitch Atwell

3rd - Don Gilbert

F Mono

1st - Bobby Halliday

2nd - Mark Harrelson

3rd - Martin Coleman

F Hydro

1st - John Knight

2nd - John Steltzer

3rd - Don Gilbert

E/60 Scale

1st - Stan Sova

2nd - T. R. Roberts

3rd - Randy McCarty

Sport B Tunnel

1st - Mike Talley (perfect score)

2nd - Don Gilbert

3rd - Kevin Lee

Crackerbox

1st - Don Huff

2nd - Scott Huff

3rd - Stan Sova

Open Offshore

1st - Scott Huff

2nd - Don Huff

3rd - John Steltzer

Scale Concours Winner

Randy McCarty in Miss Madison

Smack Talk Award

Mitch Atwell Jr.

Even though the Jax Fun Bunch got their share of awards, the Smack Busters Team of Mike Talley with Carl Van Houten as his pit man ended on top of the competition for this contest. We had a lot of fun for the race and met many new faces and friends. Many compliments for the race were offered all weekend. The Charleston Model Boaters graciously thank all those that attended and hope more will do so in future races. Put this one and the others on your upcoming race schedule.

We will post the announcement of our upcoming race in Sep on another topic thread.

HAPPY FATHER'S Day to all DAD's.

John, you guys need to call me as there is a much easier way to post results since your using my program, that is if you are scoring by computer.

Ron

Last edited:
John Knight said:
Even though the Jax Fun Bunch got their share of awards, the Smack Busters Team of Mike Talley with Carl Van Houten as his pit man ended on top of the competition for this contest.  We had a lot of fun for the race and met many new faces and friends.  Many compliments for the race were offered all weekend.  The Charleston Model Boaters graciously thank all those that attended and hope more will do so in future races.  Put this one and the others on your upcoming race schedule.
We will post the announcement of our upcoming race in Sep on another topic thread.

HAPPY FATHER'S Day to all DAD's.

103886[/snapback]

Hey I just want to tell you guys what a great race that you put on and that me and the rest of the Jacksonville gang had a blast. Hats off to Mr. Knight, retrieve boy Ryan Knight, team Ovalexpress and the rest off the CMB club for putting on a fun show. We will make sure not to miss the upcoming race in September. I also want to say thanks to Mr. John Brown and his son for coming to race with us and especially the "Smack Busters" for coming all the way from Alabama just to give myself and the rest of the tunnel guys a full course meal of propwash for breakfast, lunch, and dinner <_< .lol. Next time I won't let Mr. Talley just take all them trophies, because next time he'll have to work for them ;) . Thanks again to everybody that helped out to put on this great race.

~Mitch Jr.

(current smack talking champion)

Last edited by a moderator:
RaceCraftBearings said:
John, you guys need to call me as there is a much easier way to post results since your using my program, that is if you are scoring by computer.
Ron

103896[/snapback]

Ron,

Not using a laptop yet.

John

John, Gabe and all the guys at Charleston MBC. Thanks so much for putting on the Race. I had a Blast and will Definitely be Back Soon!!

Thanks for a Great Job!

Scott Norris

Great job CMB!

Thanks to Scott, Mike & Carl, John & Shawn and the Jax crew for coming to D13 to race. We really appreciate it guys!

-Bobby

Thanks guys,

We had a great time. The Charleston club is full of the kind of people that make R/C boat racing fun. Thanks to the members for all the work and time you spent to provide us with a great weekend of racing.

We are looking forward to the Charleston Tunnel Shoot Out!

-Carl,

Hmmm... Interesting race results...

B Hydro

1st - John Knight (Rigger)

[SIZE=14pt]2nd- James Clegg[/SIZE] (Tunnel)

3rd - Ryan Knight (Rigger)

The District XIII Points Championship in B Hydro is shaping up to be very intersting indeed...

Later,

Lamar

In one heat James proved once again that it takes A LOT of speed to pass on the outside as he held Ryan off lap after lap by hugging the buoys and keeping Ryan outside of him. Really fun to watch!

-Bobby

Lamar_Huff said:
Hmmm... Interesting race results...
B Hydro

1st - John Knight (Rigger)

[SIZE=14pt]2nd- James Clegg[/SIZE] (Tunnel)

3rd - Ryan Knight (Rigger)

The District XIII Points Championship in B Hydro is shaping up to be very intersting indeed...

Later,

Lamar

104257[/snapback]

John/James/& Co...

Mom, Dad, & Scott had a great time. Thanks to anyone and everyone that helped or called for team HUFF during the event.

Hopefully next season there will be more gas boats in attendance!

Count me in for at least one of your events next season. I hate that I missed both races this year.

Later,

Lamar

Lamar_Huff said:
John/James/& Co...
Mom, Dad, & Scott had a great time.  Thanks to anyone and everyone that helped or called for team HUFF during the event. 

Hopefully next season there will be more gas boats in attendance! 

Count me in for at least one of your events next season.  I hate that I missed both races this year. 

Later,

Lamar

104264[/snapback]

Most welcome and glad to have Team Yellow (or what I call the Legal firm of Huff, Huff, Huff and Huff) and hope that you will come next time.

Ryan will not be so gracious next time. First race of the year for him and he missed the needle setting twice and died. He is normally on my tail and not on Gabe's. There have been many times I have been on his. The natural order in the universe has returned. My new boat is hooked up well and I have much prop testing to get more out of it. I had a very conservative prop on it last weekend. Better times to come.

Yeah yeah yeah John..... But I out drove him one heat, nothing else to say about that one.

Your boat was flying and hooked up great! Who set it up?? :D :D :D

~James

I can see it now "20 tunnel wins d13 B hydro" gonna be a great headline.

I would like to thank the Huff's for taking time with my thirteen year old daughter, Ally...

Scott let her Crank, Pit and Call for him !!!! You guys taught her more in one day than I could have in a month !! THANK YOU !!!!!

Mrs. Kathy, Ally said she hopes to be half as good as you are !!! at driving her 20 mono..

A Great Weekend was had by All !!!

Carl and Mike spent hours after the race was over, helping people with there Lynx's .... Glad to have met you both !!!!

Butch Jackson :)

waterbug said:
John and James maybe we should have a " Smack Talking Award " for you guys !! :p
104305[/snapback]

Butch,

Nope, I'll concede in a heartbeat. I can never keep up with him. Nor will I try.

Gabe,

You get the credit for the setup. By the way, what happened to your 40 rigger? Couldn't keep up with my 20. You told me you had it really dialed in at Atlanta. Need MY help with it? Just thought I'd ask.

John Knight said:
Gabe,You get the credit for the setup.  By the way, what happened to your 40 rigger?  Couldn't keep up with my 20.  You told me you had it really dialed in at Atlanta.  Need MY help with it?  Just thought I'd ask.

104348[/snapback]

What changed? We had that 40 smokin' in Atlanta til the Picco let go. :eek:

:rolleyes: John, John, John, youre digging yourself a nice hole on this one. My 40 Hydro runs great, my batteries went dead on the 3rd round and I lost radio, had a brain fart while cd'ing and didnt have time to charge before the 4th round. I won the 1st or 2nd round, cant remember, thats what happend to my 40 boat.

Lets talk about why you ran your 20 HYDRO in the 40 HYDRO class...... I think it had something to do with you, a Picco45, and a certain dremel. Your 40 boat was the best running boat you had (even after the accident in Atlanta), But you werent happy with it and had to go ruin a perfectly good running motor. I think Im gonna take your tool box from you when ou are not looking so the 20 Hydro doesnt get screwed up AGAIN! ...... Nuff Said. :p

Hey everyone, I hear John Specializes in Modifying Piccos, you should try him out...... :D

I love ya John! :D

~James

Don Ferrette said:
John Knight said:
Gabe,You get the credit for the setup.  By the way, what happened to your 40 rigger?  Couldn't keep up with my 20.  You told me you had it really dialed in at Atlanta.  Need MY help with it?  Just thought I'd ask.

104348[/snapback]

What changed? We had that 40 smokin' in Atlanta til the Picco let go. :eek:

104356[/snapback]

It Still is smoking Don, I put another Picco in it and it runs fine. Trying to run 5 classes and CD the race didnt leave much time for between round maintenance, John is just sore about the district 13 B Hydro points championship, Which I currently am in FIRST PLACE..... oh yeah, Im running a 20 TUNNEL In that class....

~James "cant resist a good dig" Clegg

Back