cg for 1/8 canard hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting to build a rc boatworks canard and need a cg staring point. Thanks
As far back as possible. Radiobox in the back between the booms, engine as far back as you can before the radiobox assuming it is for Nitro, 2- 8oz sullivan tanks directly in front of the motor. Put an X460/2 or a X462/2. Off set the strut a 1/4" to the right and it should be a great running hull. Rudder on the left, and suggest a square drive setup.

Thanks Brad This is going to be a 8-10s setup and hoping someone can give me a starting c/g from the rear transom. All you gave me should work fe so Thanks. I still have your old gas canard and it runs great every time out.

Thats Awesome! If I were to build an FE with that hull, I would put the batteries as close to the transom as possible. The best scenario for all canards is putting a outboard motor on the transom, but if your running scale class you cant do that. I like to always try and fly the nose as much as possible, Hope you post some photos!

Back