Calling North Indiana boaters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdog-2112

Hey all,

I need some help looking for a decent divorce lawyer in the Elkhart/South Bend area as my soon-to-be-ex is showing just how dumb she is!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Snowdog

Sorry to hear about that bud...

Maybe Tom should start a new Forum titled: Mmy wife said me or the boats: I am going to miss her.

My bro is a Lawyer is Cali?

If you need a place to hide your stash of R/C stuff, let me know, I'm about 60 miles away.

****, I am sure glad my wife understands & tolerates my boating habit. :D

Well ..... ummm ........ she calls it an addiction. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see Snowdog's add in the singles section .....

"WANTED- female companion who races r/c boats. Send picture of boats."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Recently divorced, still have the family jewels, picked up a couple more boats along the way too! No lawyers involved, maybe she wasn't as bad as I thought! :lol: Not to worry, someone else's problem now. :p There has to be a balance somewhere........ Lets see on one side I have 6 mono's and the otherside I have 2 hydro's and a cat, I guess I need 3 more riggers! :lol: Yo Tim! B) B) B)

Hey, I know what happens. I'm on the 2nd Mrs. Ron. When the big "D" word starts happening, a lot of $#!+ starts getting tossed, usually with your favorite things.

Sorry, I don't know of any Lawyers around South Bend or Elkhart. I used to go down there in my younger years doing contract work at Notre Dame and the South Bend Tribune.

Brian,

Believe me when she tells you "I just want a divorce, you can keep the boats"...she's lying! The attorney's will change that opinion in a heartbeat to screw you big time. That's their best ploy to go after the things most important to you to do two things:

1) settle the case and give her more $$$$$

2) rack up the attorney hours and fee's fighting for them.

Like Ron said, Hide them now and everything else in your house that you'll want if your still living together because if she has a sherrif move you out, she gets to keep all your stuff.

I've seen too many friends lose EVERYTHING.......EVERYTHING.....AND I MEAN EVERYHTING...EVEN THINGS THAT BELONG TO THEIR FAMILIES!

I also read that women lawyers that defend on one side or the other stoomp male attorneys during these procedures......at least that's true in California, my advice if you were in California, hire a women.

And I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you!

Brian lives in Belgium at the moment , she ain't close to his boats ( as far as i know ) . Still ........... u never know do you ??

But still , as for the things i heard , the best choice is to have a lawyer cause she appears to be a B....

soooooo back to the question ,

Who knows a lawyer ?

Bart

Thanks for the "re-tracking" Bart.

I appreciate the humor you guys are throwing my way. Thanks...makes me smile! :D

I had somebody ask me how stupid she is being and here's the deal. She's being so stupid that if I had rescued her from shark infested waters in an inflatable life boat, she'd thank me and then stab the boat! :(

The deal is that we are separated pending divorce and with that, she moved out of my house in Elkhart, In. on Mother's Day. Skipped out on her minor daughter and a Verizon bill that has since been sent to a collection agency. Well, guess what? Without my consent or knowledge she put me as head of household on the account and now it's prolly going to be a ding on my credit report. :angry: as she is to stupid and unorganized to pay the $@&% thing. She also neglected to pass them her new address so guess who gets stuck with the bills now! :unsure: Uh-oh, sanity check here...blood pressure is rising!!!

:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :p :p :lol: :D :D :D

The good news is that my stuff is all safe over here in Belgium :p but with her lack of contact, I'm getting frustrated trying to do the divorce myself from overseas!

Oh Yah, anybody know of a decent, inexpensive lawyer in northern Indiana?

Snowdog

I feel your pain, Bro....been there, done that, SHE got the t-shirt!

I hate to hear it happen, but here's my advice....get it over with AS FAST AS POSSIBLE! Dragging these things out makes EVERYONE mean and hateful, AND IT GETS EXPEN$IVE!

Better to be done with it and at least try to be cordial to each other.

Keep the faith.... ;)

If you're in the Military over there, they should be able to help you out.

True, get things settled ASAP, Lawyers like to rile things up also and drag things out, it's how they get their fees higher so watch out for their games while you're on your emotional roller-coaster.

Been there Dude, it sucks big time so I feel your hurt.

Look on the bright side, the next one will put this one to shame!

Actually the legal system for the military steers clear of family issues. All they can do is make suggestions. Now, if anyone in the Sarasota area wants to help me out??? <_< :ph34r: :ph34r:

Bryan,

I'll ask my daughter's godmother, she lives in Zionesville Indiana. Just dawned on me that she drained this guy for 18 years of ailomony. The lawyer dropped a bomb on this guy so maybe that attorney does divorce as well. Apparently, the guy makes $60,000 a year, now he'll need two jobs to support himself after paying her and the kid. The judge gave her someething like $2700 a month.

That's insanity! Howard Stern has it right about how women are way over paid on the divorce and ailomony spectrum. She's a good friend but for only being witht his guy 6 months is too much.

Man, I feel for that guy! ;) Just shows you....."you can't dip the whip without a cap".

Ahhh yes I remember that....

Sold all my boats at one stage to pay for our new house. Once we were back on top of our money problems I went and bought another rigger. She said "I thought you had grown out of those things.." Now that is never a good sign!!! Further on down the track after winning things like National X hydro and Indy Unlimited twice I was told "its not like you have made any great achievements with your stupid hobby..." Strike 2!!!! Finally it was "its me or your hobbies..."

Funny I dont really miss her.... but had to buy more boats to 'ease the pain'..

I call her Cyclone Elizabeth (Hurricane Elizabeth for all you U.S.ians) coz when she came she was wild and wet and when she left she took the house!!!

EMS Racing Smell the Nitro

Back