calling district 8 guys

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2bright

so there is talk about having a kitsap rc boat race next year in the kitsap mall parking lot. the plan is to build a pond much like the one they had at the kingdome and have a 2 day race there. nothing is set in stone but the kitsap mall managers are **** near begging the KRCBC to put it on. if everything works as planned we will have a race in march at the kitsap mall and possably another race at poulsbo in may. these would not be district races just a club race. i will post more info as i get it.

;)

and one last thing:

git-er-done.

:angry:

not2bright said:
so there is talk about having a kitsap rc boat race next year in the kitsap mall parking lot. the plan is to build a pond much like the one they had at the kingdome and have a 2 day race there. nothing is set in stone but the kitsap mall managers are **** near begging the KRCBC to put it on. if everything works as planned we will have a race in march at the kitsap mall and possably another race at poulsbo in may. these would not be district races just a club race. i will post more info as i get it.

;)

and one last thing:

git-er-done.

86307[/snapback]

Next year as in 2006?? and would the Poulsbo race be in salt water??

Ralph

we are making a portable pond so we can set it up in fields and parking lots so the two races would be in fresh water. the plan is to have the races for the 2006 season.

Cool!!! Hope you guys can pull it off. Any idea on size? I doubt it will be a NAMBA legal course. Wondering if the big boats will have enough room. One thing you will need to think about is safety netting aournd the course. Spectators are going to want to get as close as possible.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
And with how often Hughe's radio box goes haywire, you had better have some gooooood netting.. :lol:

Charley

Watch it there newbie. :p It has been over 2 years since I lost a boat to a radio. You all might remember the 84 twin rebuild thread.

Mike

Mike Hughes said:
Cool!!! Hope you guys can pull it off. Any idea on size? I doubt it will be a NAMBA legal course. Wondering if the big boats will have enough room. One thing you will need to think about is safety netting aournd the course. Spectators are going to want to get as close as possible.Mike

86370[/snapback]

I assume that the course would probably be set-up like the Kingdome courses were,that is with a dirt berm filled with water.

Forget about installing netting.It is impossible to deal with.

Get bales of straw and place them end to end around the race course right at the water line.

We had haybales at the last year at the Kingdome and I am here to tell you nothing will get outside that pond.That is the slickest most effective boat retention system I have ever seen.

The smaller courses are really an equalizer.150' straightaways and 50' corners really produce some great racing.The water gets rough as hell so heavier boats really fare well in those conditions.

Small props really accelerate.Hell run big boats in there and have them setup accordingly.Remember blazing speed doesn't make good racing.Close competition does.

Make it no deeper than 12" so kids can just walk out and retreive the boats.

Two years ago we ran on a pond that size in Montana at Crazy Al's race. Heat racing was done with 4 90 hydros. It was tight. The trophy dash has the 6 top guys in it. Holly Crap it was fun and a little nevre racking. All came back with out a scratch. I usually run a 1667 pitched up in my 90 hydro. I ended up getting a 1467 stock from Mark A. Worked great.

Mike

Mike Hughes said:
Watch it there newbie.  :p   It has been over 2 years since I lost a boat to a radio. You all might remember the 84 twin rebuild thread.Mike

86374[/snapback]

I also remember the runaway A mod last year.. But it showed your boat turned left as well as right!!

Not really sure that was radio. It just wasn't running right. Doing weird stuff in the corners. You remember I did drive it to the beach and bring to a stop. I think I may have hit something to make it turn like that.

Mike

well its gonna be short course but how short i dont know. we were thinking about sand bags or building the sides out of 2x6s but i think the hay bales is a great idea. we were thinking about making the pond about 14" deep but nothing is set in stone yet.

not2bright said:
well its gonna be short course but how short i dont know. we were thinking about sand bags or building the sides out of 2x6s but i think the hay bales is a great idea. we were thinking about making the pond about 14" deep but nothing is set in stone yet.
86414[/snapback]

12" of water was more than enough.

There are still a lot of guys around in RCU and UNW who put on those Kingdome races,Don Mock being one.

Talk to them.They will have a ton of valuable information regarding organization and logistics.

I have been model boat racing for a lot of years and the Kingdome races were,going away, the best races I ever attended.Competition was very close and the action was absolutely non-stop all day long.3 lap heats,4 boats per heat going off every about every 5 minutes.As I recall mill time was 1 minute 30 seconds.

Mike,

So I see that there is another boater who questions your ability to drive.

Sorry...had to slip that one in there. Not that I would ever question your driving. It must have been the boat. Did I say Winston Eagle?

;)

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

Back