Building a scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, I think the Notre Dame that Steve Ball ran successfully was the same Karlsen Hull as the 1968/1969 Bardahl. Most models of this hull were notorious flyers. Maybe Steve can help you with setup data as his boat ran exceptionally well.
Steve’s 69 ND (6907) Ollie’s 67 bardahl (6740) and Brian blazers 68 bardahl (6740) were among the best running Karelsen oval bow scales ever
raced in D2 if not the IMPBA
Mark, I think the Notre Dame that Steve Ball ran successfully was the same Karlsen Hull as the 1968/1969 Bardahl. Most models of this hull were notorious flyers. Maybe Steve can help you with setup data as his boat ran exceptionally well. JB
I am building a scale and are in need of some detail pictures of the driver's cockpit and engine. The boat I am doing is the 1968/1969 Bardahl. I know that this boat has been done a lot. But I got to see it run those years in Guntersville, Alabama. What a beautiful boat running to see in person. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks
The 1967-68 -69 bardahl was hull no 6740. The 68-69 had checkerboard paint (The 69-70-71notre dame was hull no 6907) Steve Brian and Ollie had their oval bow Karelsens running perfectly in D2. The above commenters will remember much more
Beautiful boats
Good luck with your build

restored 1968 bud karelsen (6812) in the Seattle museum
the 68 bardahl cockpit would have been similar

Attachments

• x3BZOAh.jpg
    x3BZOAh.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • JpLrIaL.jpg
    JpLrIaL.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
I talked to Ken at the museum when RCU had their banquet there in March and asked about the status of this boat. I'm not sure how many Ed Karlson hulls like this one even remain anywhere. The museum is currently very interested in restoring and returning this boat to a running condition after the Squire and Madison are fully completed. They just need the funding to do it.

This boat resided for many years in the museum at the Indianapolis 500 Speedway before they gave it to the HARM.

Back