• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

brand new os 21 xm outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it wasn't officially protested the first time, I put it in the trailer where it stayed until the May race. Totally forgot. Trying to run 6 classes caughe up with me. A stupid mistake on my part that cost me a winning opportunity in two races. Mike and Dave made sure it doesn't happen again. You can tell from the pics it did not stand out.

Gday Guys

Mate all you have to do
default_ph34r.png
default_ph34r.png
is buy a new flywheel and get the weight of the old one

then machine the new one from the under side where the old one was machined to the same weight as the old one but leave a little skirton the outer edge so it looks stock and no one will ever know.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

But that would be cheeting I gess and no one would do that
default_blink.png
default_blink.png

Brad

Lol. Thanks Brad. That's a great idea and probably within the current IMPBA rules as long as it looks stock from the outside and no one catches it, but you are subject to a protest. Bob Kinsey is working on a proposal to make all of this a lot easier for us B Stock guys. I believe he is going to propose making the rules the same for the OS as it is for the K&B, that is if the factory ever made a part for the OS 21 engine, that part would be allowed on a B Stock umit. Just like the K&B, you would then be able to mix and mingle both water and air cooled parts without penalty. I personally think it's a great idea but will require an entirely different thread to discuss, as it will open a can of worms in an open forum to discuss......
default_smile.png

KENSIL This thread has more spin on it than a ping pong ball at the Chinese National Finals.
default_ohmy.png
default_unsure.png
default_laugh.png

Kensill is the correct spelling.

Refer to the IMPBA rulebook, Chapter H, page 11-12 for the current Sport B tunnel rules. Paragraph VIII B3, notes NO mixing of water cooled and air cooled parts. ONLY common parts that are used on BOTH engines are permitted to be interchanged.

Do not suggest that the underside of the flywheel to be hollowed out. It is a modification from a factory supplied engine and is covered in the same paragraph, first sentence. It shall be checked at ALL future CMB races that the class runs, or any other class that runs the Sport B engines, such as the MOD-VP. The engine checks will be much more stringent than in the past.

Kensill is the correct spelling.

Refer to the IMPBA rulebook, Chapter H, page 11-12 for the current Sport B tunnel rules. Paragraph VIII B3, notes NO mixing of water cooled and air cooled parts. ONLY common parts that are used on BOTH engines are permitted to be interchanged.

Do not suggest that the underside of the flywheel to be hollowed out. It is a modification from a factory supplied engine and is covered in the same paragraph, first sentence. It shall be checked at ALL future CMB races that the class runs, or any other class that runs the Sport B engines, such as the MOD-VP. The engine checks will be much more stringent than in the past.
John,

It is a,"proposal" that I think Bob may be working on to pose to the voting membership to align the rules with K&B so water and air cooled parts from same manufacturer can be interchanged.

Lol. Thanks Brad. That's a great idea and probably within the current IMPBA rules as long as it looks stock from the outside and no one catches it, but you are subject to a protest. Bob Kinsey is working on a proposal to make all of this a lot easier for us B Stock guys. I believe he is going to propose making the rules the same for the OS as it is for the K&B, that is if the factory ever made a part for the OS 21 engine, that part would be allowed on a B Stock umit. Just like the K&B, you would then be able to mix and mingle both water and air cooled parts without penalty. I personally think it's a great idea but will require an entirely different thread to discuss, as it will open a can of worms in an open forum to discuss......
default_smile.png
I think they are referring to the "just like k&b" sentence Ron

To be honest it looked wrong and I would think you would have noticed with the dozens of motors I am sure you have in your collection...unless they are all wrong?

It is always the most enjoyment for others when someone who is so vocal with protests on other racers motors and opinions about legality of peoples ingenuity gets caught running an illeagal motor. Nothing too personal here, but the problem is people will always have 2 eyes on your equipment withe the "once a cheater, always a cheater" attitude. Thats life and I guess a rookie mistake like that will be forgotten soon ;-)

I am also sure most people were more annoyed they couldn't beat you on the water in that class hehe

Lol Kris. Yep, that's life for sure. Funny thing is, many people came to my tent to look at the engine that run OS outboards and said it looked stock to them as well. Only holding next to another motor could you see the slight height difference. Oh well, there will be plenty more Stock B races.....
default_smile.png

That's true Mike. Many have been pushing for stroke and bore measurements but keeping the carb and exhaust stock will limit the benefits from someone doing that.

Back