Bouchie pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Jefferson

Need a little help guys.

I have a couple of Scott's pipes here I'm planning to run once the ice melts off the pond. I was wondering if anyone could help me out on pipe length for either of these or point me in the direction of somebody you know that runs them. Oops in riggers.

First is a DD Nova .21. There may not be much adjustment here as Scott told me not to use a header and just use silicone tube from motor to pipe.

Second is a Vac .45. that I purchased the billet header along with the pipe. There's lots of room for adjustment here.

If I were guessing I would start the .45 at 10" and the .21 at 8" but would like to hear from those that have actually run these pipe with good success.

Thanks, Ron

Ron,

A 10" long pipe is WAY too long for a 45. The engine will not get up to the optimal rpm range. You should be from 9-9.5" and no longer. I have run less than 9" before and ran well.

A 21 pipe should be inside of 8" as well.

Ron

You mite check with Scott.I know that his pipes run a litle long because the way the pipes are made.

Dave

I ran a bouchie pipe on a 21dd...a lot of rpm's but wouldn't pull much of a prop. It did much better with a cmd parabolic pipe.

scotts pipes are build to be pushed all the way in to the engine meaning there not supposed to be used with headers at all coupler to the exhaust on the engine and squeeze the pipe all the way in. I have 21,45,67,101 pipes.

Ron I had the same problem before I talked to Scott . These pipes are not ran the same way as the other's these pipes like a load to make power not large diameter props but small with more pitch or cupping. Talk more with Scott about it and you'll get more out of that pipe . Pass ya later Charlie

Fellas,

Most do not run enough load with Scotty's pipes.

Also do not run them lean and keep them clean

for best results. Wish Spring would come soon,

-22 below zero this morning with hard water still.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha Mark it was 44 above here where it's usually that here enjoy the coolness. Pass ya later Charlie

It's just an ABox Zippkits Cracker Dave. Tom and Steve think I'm switching over to the dark side but I'm really just building a fun boat for a change. Don't know if I'll ever race it but there's a bunch of guys around here that run them all the time and have a ball doing so. Should be interesting. It's my first attempt at gas.

cracker pics 002.JPG

cracker pics 001.JPG

It's just an IBox Zippkits Cracker Dave. Tom and Steve think I'm switching over to the dark side but I'm really just building a fun boat for a change. Don't know if I'll ever race it but there's a bunch of guys around here that run them all the time and have a ball doing so. Should be interesting. It's my first attempt at gas.
Will you buy CMB 27 Alpha ??
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
or Junk gas engine( Lawn or Weed killer mower) ?
default_tongue.png

If I do want to race it Allan it will have to be stock Zenoah G260PUM. $170.00 from Gizmo's keeps me right on budget. Lol

Back