Boating in Southern Illinois?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadzilla

Anyone out there in the southern Illinois area? Where does everyone go to run? I'm a beginner and looking for some experience to learn from. To give yo an idea, St. Louis is 2.5 hours travel, Evansville, In is 2 hours travel. Anybody?

I live in the Harrisburg/Marion area (rural Carrier Mills to those who are familiar with the area) I have built several boats but have never run one yet. I guess my interest runs more toward the older semi-scale stuff, as I love the older Dumas kits, i.e. Thriftway Too, Miss Unlimited, etc. Currently have three projects....a Drag'n'fly 60, a Quickie 40, and a Star-class sailboat (I have a small pond perfect for sailboats). I know you guys are around..let me know.

I live in the Harrisburg/Marion area (rural Carrier Mills to those who are familiar with the area) I have built several boats but have never run one yet. I guess my interest runs more toward the older semi-scale stuff, as I love the older Dumas kits, i.e. Thriftway Too, Miss Unlimited, etc. Currently have three projects....a Drag'n'fly 60, a Quickie 40, and a Star-class sailboat (I have a small pond perfect for sailboats). I know you guys are around..let me know.
You must be on the other side of Harrisburg I can be in Harrisburg in an hour., Wes Ellet is in Vienna south of you

Yeah, I live between Harrisburg and Marion. Looked at River City's site.....looks like a good club. I'll keep on building in the "off-season," but I plan to attend at least some of the events in Evansville next year. I'm not a racer, but a builder and like I said I have never actually run a boat I have built, so forgive the novice questions.

Yeah The Evansville club will be here for ya.

Also in the summer we had a race in Mt Vernon Illinois. I think we will b there again in 2010.

Welcome

Brian

Thanks, Nice to see some new guys. I am up in Decatur couple others here too. Look up Wes Ellet in Vienna he probally close to you. Wes is a boater and does custom decals and lettering for us. Wesleyscustom. com

Phil Thomas

Yeah, I live between Harrisburg and Marion. Looked at River City's site.....looks like a good club. I'll keep on building in the "off-season," but I plan to attend at least some of the events in Evansville next year. I'm not a racer, but a builder and like I said I have never actually run a boat I have built, so forgive the novice questions.
Hey we like to get boats going, we have built some of those same boats.

Latest posts

Back