boat stands

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

casey

i'm about to build a stand for my villain and kinda have an idea on what i want to build, but i would like to see a few others before i start. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This photo shows the back of the stand with the motor support notched for the lower unit. The sides of the stand are 3/8" plywood and the front and back frames are 1/2" or 5/8". All kinds of wood can be used and some guys really make beautiful stands. I just make something that will hold the boat.

JD

Here's a photo of my WOF 28 in the stand. In the first two photos you can see a cushion type material I attached to the stand to keep the hull from contacting the plywood.

Hopefully, this will provide some ideas for you.

JD

Nice stand Jerry thaks for the pictures, can I have your permission to make one excatly like it? I hate the PVC I am using now.

Mike

Hey MikeP.

I'm certain JD will be ok with it. Be sure to make yours longer than his as I'm sure he can tell you what happens when he puts a "boat-to-large" on his stand. :eek:

:D

Jeez, didn't think anyone would actually ask permission to make a boat stand. I certainly don't have a problem with anyone copying what I posted. I probably copied it from someone else years ago. I also don't like PVC stands.

Snowdog, what did JD do with a "boat too large" on my stand? Did I launch both a boat and the stand? After 39 years of this, things start to fade.

JD

I've built my stands similar to Jerry's. However, I add a bottom to it to carry accessories for the boat it carries that I might need on the beach at the start of a race. Saves the sprint back to the tool box.

Just a thought :)

Jerry Dunlap said:
Snowdog, what did JD do with a "boat too large" on my stand?  Did I launch both a boat and the stand?  After 39 years of this, things start to fade.
JD
Well, I remember one of your 34's (or was that the Solution?) being placed on the stand and it fell forward due to the stand not being long enough to support the front. That's really all I was wanting to say! :p

Back