• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Big Sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a hard time understanding that a boat such as the RIO51 is discontinued. The MSRP was 699$ to start off with. Witch wasn't too bad anyway. Towers had it on sale at 599$ just a few days before. Maybe something is going on at Aquacraft? Who knows...

Well after 3 days of my customer order history saying "ORDER STATUS-ORDER NOW BEING PICKED AND PACKED IN WAREHOUSE/ORDER CAN NOT BE CANCELED" I thought I'd better call because I've never seen that message go for more than 1/2 day. Well it seems I'm not going to get either one which really bums me out because there were 2 new ones in the box on Ebay until early yesterday at a hobby shop for $205 plus $10 shipping. I decided that, based on all previous order history when that message came up I always got my stuff, to give Tower the benefit of the doubt and they had no answers for me on why my order history said that but I get nothing. Both boats were ordered while the web site said in stock, Paypal went through immediately with no problem either with confirmation e-mail coming from both Tower and Paypal. Really is sad in that had the stuff been posted correctly I would have snagged the two I saw for $205 that are now long gone..........bottom line the two kids lose. Glad we did not tell the pond owner yet what we were trying to do. A bummer for sure. :(

And BTW- they are popping up on Ebay now for $400-$600 from hobby shops who apparently ordered as many as they could grab to make a killer profit, quite obvious when the auction says winner can choose color. Oh well, maybe next time Tower might consider imposing a quantity limit which the very apologetic girl I spoke with at Tower agreed they should have done in the first place to give us "little guys" more of a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after 3 days of my customer order history saying "ORDER STATUS-ORDER NOW BEING PICKED AND PACKED IN WAREHOUSE/ORDER CAN NOT BE CANCELED" I thought I'd better call because I've never seen that message go for more than 1/2 day. Well it seems I'm not going to get either one which really bums me out because there were 2 on Ebay until early yesterday at a hobby shop for $205 plus $10 shipping. I decided that, based on all previous order history when that message came up I always got my stuff, to give Tower the benefit of the doubt and they had no answers for me on why my order history said that but I get nothing. Both boats were ordered while the web site said in stock, Paypal went through immediately with no problem either with confirmation e-mail coming from both Tower and Paypal. Really is sad in that had the stuff been posted correctly I would have snagged the two I saw for $205 that are now long gone..........bottom line the two kids lose. Glad we did not tell the pond owner yet what we were trying to do. A bummer for sure. :(
And BTW- they are popping up on Ebay now for $400-$600 from hobby shops who apparently ordered as many as they could grab to make a killer profit. Oh well, maybe next time Tower might consider imposing a quantity limit.
I have the same message on my order. I was going to call but I knew what they would say and I'd just spew alot of obsenities about .........well I aint going there.

Well after 3 days of my customer order history saying "ORDER STATUS-ORDER NOW BEING PICKED AND PACKED IN WAREHOUSE/ORDER CAN NOT BE CANCELED" I thought I'd better call because I've never seen that message go for more than 1/2 day. Well it seems I'm not going to get either one which really bums me out because there were 2 new ones in the box on Ebay until early yesterday at a hobby shop for $205 plus $10 shipping. I decided that, based on all previous order history when that message came up I always got my stuff, to give Tower the benefit of the doubt and they had no answers for me on why my order history said that but I get nothing. Both boats were ordered while the web site said in stock, Paypal went through immediately with no problem either with confirmation e-mail coming from both Tower and Paypal. Really is sad in that had the stuff been posted correctly I would have snagged the two I saw for $205 that are now long gone..........bottom line the two kids lose. Glad we did not tell the pond owner yet what we were trying to do. A bummer for sure. :(
And BTW- they are popping up on Ebay now for $400-$600 from hobby shops who apparently ordered as many as they could grab to make a killer profit, quite obvious when the auction says winner can choose color. Oh well, maybe next time Tower might consider imposing a quantity limit which the very apologetic girl I spoke with at Tower agreed they should have done in the first place to give us "little guys" more of a chance.

Hello Don. Just so you know, MOST of us hobby shops are "little guys". As far as making a "KILLER PROFIT", the hobby industry is one of the lowest profit industries in America. You had better believe that with todays "state of the union" that if a hobby shop dose not take every opportunity to make what profit it can, it will not survive long. I purchased 15 of these boats at the sale price before it was announced to the public. If you would like two of them @ $205.00/ea. I will be happy to provide them to you at that price. As far as $10.00 shipping, if you can figure out how to ship a box that big and heavy for $10.00, I will do that too.

Eric Canto

Hello Don. Just so you know, MOST of us hobby shops are "little guys". As far as making a "KILLER PROFIT", the hobby industry is one of the lowest profit industries in America. You had better believe that with todays "state of the union" that if a hobby shop dose not take every opportunity to make what profit it can, it will not survive long. I purchased 15 of these boats at the sale price before it was announced to the public. If you would like two of them @ $205.00/ea. I will be happy to provide them to you at that price. As far as $10.00 shipping, if you can figure out how to ship a box that big and heavy for $10.00, I will do that too.

Eric Canto
Wow Eric, man that is awesome let's swap info via p/m and see how we can do shipping (send me your zip in p/m). And don't get me wrong I firmly believe in supporting the LHS, I'll drive all the way across town (Richmond) to support the hobby shop there. I guess maybe once they went "public" with it a limit might have given some of us more of a chance. It would have been one thing if I went to the page and they were gone but I completed two sales and watched them being "picked and packed" when that was never the case. Now I'm finding I still can't get access to the Paypal transaction that still shows pending to get the money back for something they told me I'm not getting. If you could meet these two kids and their grandfather who lets us run there you'd see why it bummed me out to be led on for almost 4 days thinking they were on the way and feel the way I do at the moment. BTW- here's the hobby shop who had them @ $205 with $10 shipping-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220368414147

Well this is my first post. I was reading this thread and was curious, did those kids get their boats? I would have loved to see their faces.

I picked up one of these at a hobby shop and paid $400 CAN. which is aprox $320 U.S. This is still a good deal. I am very happy with that price and I am waiting for the ice to go so I can get it wet.

Roger

Well this is my first post. I was reading this thread and was curious, did those kids get their boats? I would have loved to see their faces.

I picked up one of these at a hobby shop and paid $400 CAN. which is aprox $320 U.S. This is still a good deal. I am very happy with that price and I am waiting for the ice to go so I can get it wet.

Roger
Well after a few days of Tower "looking into it" they told me they could not fill my order. But there is a HUGE thanks going out to Eric Canto for stepping up with a special deal and there is a Rio 51 on the way that should be here next week. After some discussion amongst the guys we decided to go with one instead of two as to not overwhelm the pond owner when we are not there and the 2 kids are. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after a few days of Tower "looking into it" they told me they could not fill my order. But there is a HUGE thanks going out to Eric Canto for stepping up with a special deal and there is a Rio 51 on the way that should be here next week. After some discussion amongst the guys we decided to go with one instead of two as to not overwhelm the pond owner when we are not there and the 2 kids are. :D

Hey that's great, Post some pics of the kids when you are giving it to them. That is a great thing you guys are doing, more clubs should get together and do this kind of stuff.

Roger

Latest posts

Back