Best Fuel Pump...?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldlugs

Hey everyone, I'm working on gathering up equipment for my new fueling and starting field boxes, and wondering: what's your favorite type and brand of fuel pump for pumping to/from can/bottle to tank?

Should I go with a fancy electric...? Go with a hand crank unit for reliability...? What brand is best?

I'll probably be pumping from a 1 gallon steel can the most often, if that matters...

Thanks again for your opinions; they're always appreciated!

Duane

Hey everyone, I'm working on gathering up equipment for my new fueling and starting field boxes, and wondering: what's your favorite type and brand of fuel pump for pumping to/from can/bottle to tank?
Should I go with a fancy electric...? Go with a hand crank unit for reliability...? What brand is best?

I'll probably be pumping from a 1 gallon steel can the most often, if that matters...

Thanks again for your opinions; they're always appreciated!

Duane
Duane,

Try the sullivan electtric. They are pricey about $70.00 but they last forever, or the DAVE Brown six shooter, it is slow but will last forever as you c an buy parts .

Walt

I have had a bunch of them andI have used a pump for two years that is shaped like a football, for lack of a better description , it fits right in the palm of your hand due to the shape and really pumps fast . I like the Brown pump but fall asleep using it it's so slow ! I'll try to find the name of the pump I am using ( no markings on pump ) .

I use the exact same one as Tom. Its a great pump, and fast! I couldnt find a name on it either...lol

I have a six shooter for a back-up...but **** is it slow! Being a peristaltic pump, itll hardy ever wear out as the only part to come in contact with the fuel is the tubing itself.

I have had about about a half dozen or so of $20-$30 electric pumps, most fail really quickly. Was unaware of the more expensive one that Walt is talking about, but it may be a good option. Probably could have bought two of them with the money I spent on the cheap electrics.

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
The hand cranks never lasted more than a couple of months for me. Always why I had two spares with me at all times. Recently switched over to Slimline Boxxer . As with the Dave Brown version, only the fuel line comes in contact with the fuel.

hi there i have tried several different fuel pumps , manuel and elictric.. the best one i think is the boxer pump , never fails me.. jase,,

I have been using the slimline pumps with much success. The pumps that I have are atleast 3 years old and still work nicely. They have pumped many gallons of fuel.

Allen

Back