Best FE Setup for 1/8th Scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received notice that Scorpion is discontinuing the 4035/800. I was in the process of ordering a second one for another build. Was told they can supply me with a 4035/800 with a 6mm shaft, and add about $35.00 to install a 8mm shaft. MHZ in Germany has 4035/8mm shaft with built in cooling, but they are a 1260kv.

Mike

what's the problem?

a driveline with 1/4'' diameter have only 6,3 mm, so why would you spend the extra money for a 8mm shaft?

juergen

How would such 1/8 FE setups be propped? Assuming the above motors, 8-10S, etc? Would it be similiar to nitro in the 455, 457/3 sort of range?

55 mm range?Yes;some have even had sucess with 646 3 blades On my circus ill be spinning a 457,457/3 on 12 s @ 650kv on 8 s ill probably be looking at a 460 or better maybe even a gas prop.

Hugh

a ls screamer pulls 8000 watts @ 18slipo

Why Jim? have you seen folks snap the 5mm shaft versions? Curious coz im considering purchasing a 1527 1.5y but it has the 5mm shaft.

Last edited:
Why Jim? have you seen folks snap the 5mm shaft versions? Curious coz im considering purchasing a 1527 1.5y but it has the 5mm shaft.
Jim is right, you want the 8mm shaft. It's not a matter of snapping but rather bending the 5mm ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
UM thanks alot, My screamer has a 8mm shaft but the Neu I was eyeing does not :( they are out of stock on the 8mm versions. what do the plettis cost now a days. like a kima 50 or 370bm?

Randy the tp's do a good job too but what we want is a 2230 like you got.LOL! will we ever get to see that Elam really run?

I got a ls motor still new here in nc .I might be persuaded out of it. Marks shown wat the motor can do.

Last edited:
Back