batteries

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkhedeos

i just found out my old glow starter battery works. i bought a new one and charged, but it wouldnt make the glowplug glow, so i cleaned the contacts and tried again(works). thought that mightve been the problem with the old battery so i plugged it into the charger and the light turned on(before it didnt). dumbass me burned my finger when i was testing it out because i pushed the glowplug in by the coil because it wouldnt stay in and i didnt know it would work. hopefully i can return the new battery i bought. i was just thinking, if this battery is still good, that should mean battery packs that you guys gave me at the same time are still good right? only problem is that i cant get the battery packs to charge, the light on the charger never turns on. do you know how to fix this? i really dont want to spend anymore money on batteries.

Don't take a chance with batteries especially in the transmitter or receiver pack.

You probably need to read very losely the directions on getting them to charge. If that doesn't work, send them back or get new ones. Lose wires or connector contacts will most certainly fail while the boat is at top speed and heading toward the hardest thing on the shore line (concrete block). That will cost you a lot more than a new battery pack.

:rolleyes:

I've seen it happen too many times.

ditto....batteries are the cheapest part of our expenses.

Gill
If you dont have a good charger discharger dont use them. If you cant determine if it charges all the way up and dont dump real fast go see the BUNNY for alkys

I think the best way I found out to keep my packs always charged at full power is using a recicler charger.

Gill

i just found out my old glow starter battery works. i bought a new one and charged, but it wouldnt make the glowplug glow, so i cleaned the contacts and tried again(works). thought that mightve been the problem with the old battery so i plugged it into the charger and the light turned on(before it didnt). dumbass me burned my finger when i was testing it out because i pushed the glowplug in by the coil because it wouldnt stay in and i didnt know it would work. hopefully i can return the new battery i bought. i was just thinking, if this battery is still good, that should mean battery packs that you guys gave me at the same time are still good right? only problem is that i cant get the battery packs to charge, the light on the charger never turns on. do you know how to fix this? i really dont want to spend anymore money on batteries.
If you have a battrery cycler, connect the pack, push discharge button, then push the charge button, then push the disch button, and backt to charge button, I've often gotten them to start the cycle this way. I always cycle new packs three time to get them to peak.

Just be ause they are new packs does not really mean they work ok, I've bought new ones that wouldn't work. Send them back.

Bill

Back