Bad racing accident in Syracuse Hydrofest

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just found out that jimmy shane is out of the hospital but Pierre is in montreal undergoing back surgery.
Wish both drivers well after something like this. It is no fun being in the hospital after a boat racing accident. The doctor's and nurses think you are crazy for doing it in the first place. Glad to hear Jimmy is out and hope Pierre gets well soon.

Dick

Last edited by a moderator:
1st, I hope that both make a full recovery. 2nd, rain or no rain what the heck!!! what was his radio person doing???? This accident was completely preventable. That's why both: real boats and r/c have spotters. I hope that apba looks real hard at this and does the right thing. Should of never happened. My best wishes to the driver and his family.

Just want to let you guys know that as of Sunday night Pierre Maheu was still in hospital in Syracuse.

He will not have surgery since 2 doctors examined him and said he did not required it.

He has 2 broken shoulder and 2 or 3 broken vertebrae. He is in lots of pain but his moral seems fine from what I've been told.

Hopefully Pierre will be back in Montreal soon.

Jimmy Shane was back in the pits yesterday afternoon. He suffered from some water in his lungs.

I should have more information tonight.

Eric

Here are the latest news I had from Pierre Maheu,

He is doing much better if I can say that.

Yesterday afternoon, the doctor put on a back and neck brace on him and they made him sit in the bed and walk a little bit in his room.

This is very good news.

This is the second serious injury Pierre had, About 4 years ago he almost died when they drop a motor on his neck. He got caught between the cockpit and the motor while installing it. The strobe light puncture his neck. He had made a quick recovery back then.

His moral is very good as he is joking around.

I'll let you know when I have more news.

Eric

Back