Bad Bad outing today!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol...too funny. Mic the 4074 is a 1400 kv. I have used it in my wild thing and with smaller props on my tunnel as well. Wasnt a first run or anything. So far i have not burned up anything. I did look at the props you mentioned. The prather is quite a bit more than those so yes it was too much. It seems that its safer to some degree to gradually add more pitch but keep the dia smaller. I guess I will learn the art of tweeking props. What size tunnels do you run. Mine is a 45 size and while smaller props work i have not been totally happy with the speeds. I guess I have gotten a bit lazy when it comes to short runs and checking temps. I used to do it but have been slacking off. There really are no short cuts in this hobby. I have a brand new t180 on hand. It looks like its going to be a ***** to fit it in the narrow radio box but i'll see what I can come up with.
I had a 1400kv leopard 4074 and repalced it with a 1515 Neu 1500Kv. On 6s both ran well but once I went to the 1520 Castle the Neu went to back up status along with a Hyperion/Scorpion 1390kv 4020. Actually the 4074 size is a better choice for handling to start if your not really seasoned with tunnels. I have always said get handling first then add horsepower.

I run my own 40 size HTV tunnels plus Shamans. I have owned most brands of boats except for your Hot Shot which back in the day I ran a Prather Lad Dog against. For sport running your Hot shot should do well. It's weakness is more in turning and rough water. As I said before the M445-545 and M447 are right in your ballpark. Grimracer has a 45X68 that works well also. I have a Prather 225 but it doesn't seem to hook up as well as the M series. An X series will work well also but will pull your run times down a bit. Keep your prop centerline a bit deeper than a nitro counterpart. Start even with the sponson bottoms and go up and down 1/8 inch at a time. The detoungued M series seem to be the best for FE tunnels as they carry the boat similar to the X. My next esc will be the new 200 Swordfish which has built in data logging. A nice feature but not critical if you keep an eye on things and slowly progress. Anything rushed or not programmed corectly will generally not have a good ending. Have fun and keep posting good or not so good results as we all can learn from each other,

Mic

Thanks for the info. Its very helpfull. This is my first tunnel so its def a learning curve. I did a ton of work on the bottom to improve handling and its starting to look like it will pay of. I'm actually surprised how well it handles for such an old design. Haven't tried it in very rough water yet but hopefully it wont be TOO awefull...lol. I think part of the issue was because it took me quite a long time to get the steering right on it and then I had an issue with an old esc i was using so when i put the new one in and saw it flying across the water the last thing i wanted to do was stop and check temps...he he. I know its going to be a great boat now so i can take some time to fine tune the handling and prop sizes.

Back