Aussie SAW

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DON MAHER

A little birdie told me that there is SAW event this weekend, :rolleyes: The birdie also said that Aaron has said he will go 140mph :blink: WOW... Wish I could be there to see it! ;)

Don :)

ps. Does anyone have any results???

Last edited by a moderator:
A little birdie told me that there is SAW event this weekend, :rolleyes: The birdie also said that Aaron has said he will go 140mph :blink: WOW... Wish I could be there to see it! ;)

Hi there just about to talk to Aaron in 5 mins

i will let you know

thanks neal

Hi there just about to talk to Aaron in 5 mins

i will let you know

thanks neal
here is what is on the AMPBA web site

Stephen Dunstan

Racer

699384382469749915f4ec.jpg

star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:37 pm Post subject: Went very well, after some initial timing system probs, getting the lasers lined up, the actual system ran faultlessly all day except when ducks swam thru it. Water was flat and no wind, records were broken/set but as we still have tomorrow to run I wont post any results yet.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Neal, Hope the weather & water will be calm and flat for all the guys who put in the effort to put on & race at one of these very special events. ;) I have been involved in meany SAW here on the west coast of califorina. :D I know what it takes to do this! Please keep us up to date on any results.

Thanks, Don :)

Don,

I dont know which little birdie you talk to, but i would never say i'm going to go a certain speed, as you know some time's

things just dont go your way,

Now how our Ozzy trials work is you get 2x 5min turns if your not in 10% of the record it is all over for you for the whole event,

Sat conditions where pretty good,

with my 45 i did a quick squirt and went through at over 100mph turned around and boat stopped, time we went to get my 5 min

was up,(there is my first)

my second run i had fuel issue and boat stopped just after launch we got it with about 2min left started it back up and

it there was some junk in my needle so its all over for me with that boat for the whole event...( second 5 min)

and saying all this the Ozzy 45 hydro record is only 80mph..

and today(Sunday) the wind blew up and we did not do any running

regards Aaron

Don,

I dont know which little birdie you talk to, but i would never say i'm going to go a certain speed, as you know some time's

things just dont go your way,

Now how our Ozzy trials work is you get 2x 5min turns if your not in 10% of the record it is all over for you for the whole event,

Sat conditions where pretty good,

with my 45 i did a quick squirt and went through at over 100mph turned around and boat stopped, time we went to get my 5 min

was up,(there is my first)

my second run i had fuel issue and boat stopped just after launch we got it with about 2min left started it back up and

it there was some junk in my needle so its all over for me with that boat for the whole event...( second 5 min)

and saying all this the Ozzy 45 hydro record is only 80mph..

and today(Sunday) the wind blew up and we did not do any running

regards Aaron
Hi Aaron bad luck mate try next time

by the way iam not the little BIRDIE so we will find out

but that said (chinese whispers) are around

thanks neal

ps if your club hold a SAW weekend agian please let me know as i will be there ( with a few of my boats ) :ph34r:

The A Outboard (3.5) record is now 91 + KPH (57ish MPH) with passes (times) right up near 100KPH (62.5MPH) and speed well over that, but I didn't have enough time to trim it from heat racing setup to SAW setup and the water on Sunday was not the best to keep trying ;)

I will be back for more!!!!!!

Aussies,

You guys should change your rules so you guys can run more S.A.W.

time trials. I think if you change your rules you may even get more

people to come out and give it a try.

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

The A Outboard (3.5) record is now 91 + KPH (57ish MPH) with passes (times) right up near 100KPH (62.5MPH) and speed well over that, but I didn't have enough time to trim it from heat racing setup to SAW setup and the water on Sunday was not the best to keep trying ;)

I will be back for more!!!!!!
Kris,

Dont forget you got a few electric records too! B)

Ian.

Aaron,

I know what you mean about when things don't your way, but I did not know about the 2x5-10% thing :( I think Mark S. is right you guys need to change your rules to allow more runs per person (class) With those rules I see why the records are so hard to set!!! I also have logged too many hours watching the wind blow on race (SAW) day :angry: Oh, the birdie thing, I was just repeating what was said to me. I meant it when I said I would like to be there to see you do it (140) :D I have been there (either running the clock or watching) when runs of 120, 125, 130, 139 and 141 have been made. 140 for a nitro boat would be a milestone I would like to be able to say that I saw also. ;) The birdie just told me it wanted to be nameless :ph34r: Anyway,good luck in the future.

The rules for Australian 2 lap records (called 1/2 Kilometer Oval Speed) are even stricter! We get 2 minutes to start and launch and then a single period of 5 minutes for the laps (for each boat entered of course). :ph34r: That's it for the event. So it pays to be a little conservative in both driving and setup.

Oh yeah

EA Sports Hydro (4S) is at 101KPH (63ish MPH) with my Oval setup, with turn fin removed (did 110KPH) 1 way on another run

EA Tunnel (4S) (P-Spec power on an Vision 20 Outboard) only around 71KPH (44MPH) which was not running right and it was round, so should be able to get close to 50 next time

EA Mono (4S) 80KPH something (50MPH) still VERY stuck to the water, it would have been a good idea to run this in Sunday's conditions

all are oval setups, no real 'tweaking was done' ;)

Oh yeah, thanks for the help you put in to run the event Ian, also to Stefan Dunstan, Andrew and Aaron (little bit, LOL) and all others

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a copy of Stephen Dunstan's post on the Australian forum:

"Results are as follows-to claim a AMPBA S.A.W record your speed is calculated from your time averaged over a two way consecutive pass for those who dont know. Thanks to Ian Inverarity for his Fuel testing and Engine scrutinising and all the other guy's who turned up and helped on the day. A Infra red/laser timing system was used generously lent to us by Rowan Geard. Here are the records set/broken on the day.

Tony Grinter- O/P/Sport Hydro- Av time-2.98. Av Speed-120.805 kph

Tony Grinter- O/P/Hydro- Av time-2.445. Av Speed- 147.23 kph

Kris Flynn- EA Tunnel- Av time-5.11. Av Speed- 70.45 kph

Kris Flynn- A/Outboard- Av time-3.91. Av Speed- 92.07 kph

Kris Flynn- EA Mono- Av time-4.42. Av Speed- 81.44 kph

Kris Flynn- EA Sport Hydro- Av time-3.54. Av Speed- 101.64 kph

Stephen Dunstan- 23 Petrol Tunnel- Av time-3.43. Av Speed- 104.96 kph

Stephen Dunstan- 23 P/S/Hydro- Av time-3.975. Av Speed-90.566 kph

Andrew Castan- O/P/Tunnel- Av time-3.29. Av Speed-109.422 kph

Andrew Castan- C2 Offshore- Av time-3.675. Av Speed- 97.595 kph

Tony Simpson- C1 Offshore- Av time-4.11. Av Speed- 87.57 kph

Aaron Alberico- A Hydro- Av time-2.66. Av Speed- 135.338 kph