Attention new guys

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston_Hall

I was looking up the specs of an Octura prop and at the bottom of the page is this sentence:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ADJUST THE NEEDLE VALVE WITH THE BOAT ON THE STAND, ONLY WITH THE PROPELLER PARTIALLY OR COMPLETELY SUBMERGED IN THE WATER!

http://www.funrcboats.com/prop_chart1.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, let's see............hold the boat in the water, hang onto the transmitter while getting a face full of roostertail and use what to dial in the carb? :blink:

Ron Olson said:
OK, let's see............hold the boat in the water, hang onto the transmitter while getting a face full of roostertail and use what to dial in the carb?  :blink:
110327[/snapback]

You laugh, but I've seen people try to do this. :eek:

If I EVER see anybody doing that, I'm putting my stuff back in the truck and go home before the EMTs arrive. :lol:

mama jama said:
who would do that????
110338[/snapback]

The same guys who torpedoed the plastic rowboat we used to get dead boats. The problem is it was being rowed when the outrigger hit it in the side. It was quite funny to see the guy try to row while leaning far enough to the side to keep water from coming in.

That's the way I did it 31 years ago!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

What did I know????? I was a 16 year old Newbie with nobody around to teach me.

I read those same words in 1974. Who was I to argue??? Tom Prezentka had been boating longer than I had been on this earth!!!! :rolleyes:

Well... I was smart enough to let John hold the Transmitter!! :D He was 8 yrs. old.

Good thing the engine was an O.S. Max 35 sport airplane motor on 15% nitro! B)

L M A O!!!!!!!! omg.. that is so funny... hahahahhahaha... i almost peed!!!! lol... geesh, thats not even something id do!!!lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danielle

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to boat with a fellow that started his & needled it in the water back in the late 60's!! He would lay the transmitter on the bank turned off, set the throttle wide open by pushing the linkage, then hold the boat between his lower legs, put the rope around the flywheel & pull away. He was afraid the engine would overheat!! All while running an Octura Kool clamp!!

There were no electric starters back then either, it was a real trick to start engines with one or two pulls back then as well..

This boater is still around & in to the boats still I believe.

mike

Sure beats bringing the boat in and catching it before the motor quits to tweek the needle and relaunching. guilty as charged. :eek:

AndyBrown said:
That's the way I did it 31 years ago!!! :lol:   :lol:   :lol:
What did I know?????  I was a 16 year old Newbie with nobody around to teach me.

I read those same words in 1974.  Who was I to argue???  Tom Prezentka had been boating longer than I had been on this earth!!!!  :rolleyes:

Well... I was smart enough to let John hold the Transmitter!!  :D   He was 8 yrs. old.

Good thing the engine was an O.S. Max 35 sport airplane motor on 15% nitro!  B)

110429[/snapback]

Andy,

When I had my first boat there wasn't anything nitro RC in my area so I was completelty in the dark. Anyway, knowing nothing about needle settings and why my boat would not run I ended up just leaving the ni-starter on my outboard. Oh yea, this was after tuning the needle in the water.

Back