Aquacraft UL-1 Superior FE Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TK, Bob is not selling boats. :rolleyes: The UL-1 hydro is the newest RTR offering from Aquacraft, anyone can buy one since they have just recently gone on sale. This forum seems to me to be exactly the place to discuss new RTR boats....

Actually with a tweaked 2047 prop I watched it make two passes averaging an official 65 mph through the lights at the LA SAWs. That was an over-the-top setup and only good for two passes, but other than an air dam and strut adjustment the boat was stock. A more reasonable speed for oval racing would be mid-high 40s - it is a small boat afterall.

this boat might make me have to have an electric boat!

(boy that was a redundant sentence....)

TK, Bob is not selling boats. :rolleyes: The UL-1 hydro is the newest RTR offering from Aquacraft, anyone can buy one since they have just recently gone on sale. This forum seems to me to be exactly the place to discuss new RTR boats....

i understand that he had available from evolution hobbies and a price before i took it down.. no disrespect just want the for sale adds in the right places..thank you. :D

terry

i understand that he had available from evolution hobbies and a price before i took it down.. no disrespect just want the for sale adds in the right places..thank you. :D

terry
I don't have a problem with that. I was mainly letting everyone know what the price was going to be. Sorry if I stepped into the "selling thing" in here.

Bob

This one isn't perfect, but AFAIK it is the fastest popularly-priced RTR ever available. Certainly faster and easier to run than those little .18 RTRs; it breaks my heart seeing so many guys struggle with those little nitro hydros only to have them die on the course, etc. At 40+ out-of-the-box the UL-1 is fast enough to be a lot of fun, and for about eight minutes too. Bigger prop, more speed (up to a limit).

I have zero skin in this game but I am impressed with how far FE RTR boats have come in the past three years. Five years ago you couldn't have given me an RTR....now I own one!

This one isn't perfect, but AFAIK it is the fastest popularly-priced RTR ever available. Certainly faster and easier to run than those little .18 RTRs; it breaks my heart seeing so many guys struggle with those little nitro hydros only to have them die on the course, etc. At 40+ out-of-the-box the UL-1 is fast enough to be a lot of fun, and for about eight minutes too. Bigger prop, more speed (up to a limit).

I have zero skin in this game but I am impressed with how far FE RTR boats have come in the past three years. Five years ago you couldn't have given me an RTR....now I own one!

I definatly want one of these boats cause they look great, and i reallly want to try electric, but ive also got to say that ive got 20 to 25 heats of racing on my Miss Vegas..... no DNFS...its bound to happen sooner or later, but im having a BALL with nitro stuff as well!! It all good!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I definatly want one of these boats cause they look great, and i reallly want to try electric, but ive also got to say that ive got 20 to 25 heats of racing on my Miss Vegas..... no DNFS...its bound to happen sooner or later, but im having a BALL with nitro stuff as well!! It all good!!
You just HAD to go curse yourself didn't you Bill ???? :eek:

Merry Christmas buddy.

Jay your spot on, this is the best RTR F/E boat out , PERIOD. Hope it's a trend that continues ;)

Grim did a great job on this one.

Andy

You just HAD to go curse yourself didn't you Bill ???? :eek:

Merry Christmas buddy.

Jay your spot on, this is the best RTR F/E boat out , PERIOD. Hope it's a trend that continues ;)

Grim did a great job on this one.

Andy
Andy, ITS TRUE,, ITS SO VERY TRUE!! Merry Christmas man, and i hope that something will open up for you so that you can stay RIGHT HERE! Cause you know Florida Rules! Enjoy, Bill

Good work Brian, I like it. Here is what I did to mine.

wuja8j.jpg

Wow that's a sweet looking boat!

Man I am going to have to get back into boating hard core again I can see...

Hi all,

I am new here and wanted to show off my UL-1. I got the orange one to match my orange hammer and supervee. I will have to post pics of team orange all on the table together.

On the UL I painted the hatch metallic black and cleared the entire boat in metallic. it is really sparkly. so far i have gotten it to 44mph with the grim 40/57/3 prop. I am new to hydros and am still learning about tuning. these boats seem as twitchy and sensitive to tuning as a heli. but i LOVE the speed!

To Mr. Grim Racer. i wish to commend you and personally thank you for this excellent boat design. It is a rush out of the box and has already won me one race. Hopefully i can repeat a win this wekend!

Phil

DSC00112.JPG

DSC00069.JPG

Well... had a fun but rough race this weekend. got the UL to hit the 45mph mark. I won the first heat by a mile. in the main I started wobbling coming out of turn two. too many wakes in the back straight and i was pushing to hard. the boat nose dived and cart wheeled and i ended up upside down. A BlackJack 26 was right behind me and ran across my sponson. as you know the glass on the sponsons is thin and his turn fin cut it like a razor. Yeah! another fiberglass project!

as they say that's racing. I'll be lowering the strut to stabilize this beast and see if I can keep it right side up.

Phil

DSC00083__2_.JPG

Back