Anyone tried an Octura 1540

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunk t

I am looking at some new props to try out this summer and I've put the Octura 1540 on my list. I looks like it might be a nice step up from a X442 (2.31" picth vs 2.355") without carrying as much pitch as a prather S215.

Anyone have any experience with the Octura 1540 on a 3.5 tunnel?

chunk t

Chuck,

I thought the same thing but when I got the 1540, the blade design was nothing like the 1440 or 1640. Also, instead of the small hub, it has the large diameter hub (that I don't like). I worked it anyway and I tried to run it but it didn't work well with my setup at all. I still have it and I may work with it more but for now it is just riding around in my prop box.

What I don't understand is, why prop charts only give the outside diameter and pitch and not other info like, the hub diameter and blade type??? I would like to know things like that when ordering new type props.

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one of those 1540's.. done nothing but cavitate on my mono. the pitch progression is like a 1400/1600 series.. but the blade shape is unlike any other Octura prop I've ever seen.. 2.25" of pitch on the leading edge..(which is more than the 1640) could be a very fast prop if one knew the proper application... a .12-.15 outrigger maybe??

Back