anyone heard of this builder??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Falk Marine? He used to be based up in the Grand Rapids, MI area. Made some Sport 40's and 1/8 scale in carbon fiber I think. Other than that, no, I don't know much about him. I remember seeing some ads in the old RCBM's.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a sport 40 from him about 10 years ago was a night mare to set up. Made from carbon fiber light boat but quality was not very good. Had a many pin holes .

Randy Cartright

Ron Olson said:
Falk Marine? He used to be based up in the Grand Rapids, MI area. Made some Sport 40's and 1/8 scale in carbon fiber I think. Other than that, no, I don't know much about him. I remember seeing some ads in the old RCBM's.
74633[/snapback]

I believe this guy sold or tried to sell his business on Ebay a few years back. His Miss Bud looked good in his ads but I never personally seen one.

Randy Cartright said:
I bought a sport 40 from him about  10 years ago was a night mare to set up. Made from carbon fiber light boat but quality was not very good. Had a many pin holes .
                                    Randy Cartright

74676[/snapback]

Once you got thru the pin holes & set up how did it drive?? When you say nightmare to set up, can you be more specific?? :blink:

I found the ad in an old RCBM. He went also by Seava Sports. The other info I have is his address, P.O. Box 109, Spring Lake, MI 49456. Phone 616-847-9141.

I know a guy that has one of the 1/8 scales done up in compleat Kevlar ..Look good from far away ..but it soft as a sponge.hahahaha...I remember the adds in RCM mag, the boat sure looked good ..

Don Ferrette said:
Randy Cartright said:
I bought a sport 40 from him about  10 years ago was a night mare to set up. Made from carbon fiber light boat but quality was not very good. Had a many pin holes .
                                     Randy Cartright

74676[/snapback]

Once you got thru the pin holes & set up how did it drive?? When you say nightmare to set up, can you be more specific?? :blink:

74721[/snapback]

Don

The radio box was impossible to use molded in to nose of the tub. No room in the motor compartment, never could get it setup to race. Would not recomend it to any one.

Randy Cartright

Don,

I remember this guy, was thinking of getting one of his boats way back when. I was going on the ad in RCBM, ask him to send me photos of the finished boat and never got anything from him. Talked to him on the phone a couple of times but he couldn't tell me what the bare hull weighed, glad I never ordered one.

Last time I was there, the little hobby shop in Kennesaw, GA had one of his bare 1/8 hulls in the window....

Back