Anyone built the John Stark GP-12V3 O/O tunnel hull ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Has any one built the Stark GP-12V3 ELECTRIC o/b tunnel hull from his plans ? This is not the plan that was published in the Jan 1992 RCBM this version came out 2 years later and the plans could only be purchased from Performance model products.

Has any one built the Stark GP-12V3 ELECTRIC o/b tunnel hull from his plans ? This is not the plan that was published in the Jan 1992 RCBM this version came out 2 years later and the plans could only be purchased from Performance model products.
Yep i Built the GP-12V3 tunnel, what do you want to know? ;)

Yep i Built the GP-12V3 tunnel, what do you want to know? ;)
Hi Kris is the GP-12V3 just as great as the original version ? I was considering building the GP-12V3 after seeing the plans running it with a Graupner 8.4 v 700 bb direct drive o/b on 12 cells or maybe experiment with the original belt drive o/b for non racing purpose. Which outboard set up did you use on the GP-12V3 ? Regards Andris Golts.

Not sure how it compares to the original version, but IMO in its stock form it is no good for high power setups. I think the 700bb powered setup (on say a carbon lower) goes great and is the way to go! gps'd at 33mph with no real testing and a M447

If you want to try it with more power, make the dearise on the sponsons higher (say around 15deg)...this could also be good for the 700 power also to help it turn better.

Cheers

Kris

Hey Guys,Another option,If you dont want to do a wood build,Is to call Tony at WareHouse Hobbys.He actually has the mold that John did up for us back in the mid 90s.I think some how andrew ended up with the ABS pull.The first pull is still in the hands of John.

Kriss is right though.That boat was built around the Starks belt drive outboard and an Astro flight 206 truck motor.

I am sure if you call Tony he will set you right up.Tell him I sent yah :p

Back