Anybody heard of Canboat?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

I was just browsing on ebay, actually drooling and I came across a whole bunch of 8th scale hydros for sale. The seller goes by the name Canboat, does anybody know of this person? If so does he build hulls and or have a web site? :p

i was wondering the same thing. he selling a sport 40 with the u # 583 if i remember right . it should be his namba # if he's not selling for somebody else.

:p I purchased a ton of stuff from this guy. He and his brother run a boat rental program where he's at. He messed up my shipping huge, to the tune of 6weeks late. He did make amends as I guess from our conversation that he got real far behind in work and with all he was shipping out things got messed up. But for this mess up he sent me a sh.tload more P-5 parts and a Maus mono with a K+B 3.5 the motor is a K+B but it's more than fine for a boat to have peeps try out. I know not all the boats he has were not built by him. The BBY SP40 I got is on thier website. I have to say that motor wise his product is great. I was not that impressed with some of the hardware but I can be anal and tend to over do it a little. I would ask as many questions and get pic's before making any deal as this will help you set a price you are willing to pay (this taking into account things you may want to change) eg. I am ordering the hardware set from Randy Naylor to set up his hull properly.

<_< I only have a couple cards that were sent with my packages.

Total Control Hobby's. 3549 Mission Ave. Ste C Oceanside, CA 92054.

You'll be asking for Mark (760)721-1089. I'm sure he can answer all your questions. :blink:

This would be Mark Willamson (sp) aka hardcore boater, ect. been kicked off ebay several times. Buyer beware as they say. I never had any deals with him but have heard all kinds of feed back.

The person I have been dealing with is Sam his brother. I have heard various feedback as well. But I can only relate to and give info on how I was treated. Even though I was not impressed with the time it took to get my equipement I did recieve extra, a wack load of P-5 parts a Maus Bullet mono and K+B 3.5 engine for my troubles. This at least shows me that there is some concern to keep peeps happy. All the stuff I got from him I am reasonably happy with. It's used and I always go through everything and make like new. My wife made a comment after we recieved everything that things I sell are like super clean and in perfect working oder. This is not the case withmost of the stuff I recieved. However for the most part I am happy. The defects in hardware and stuff give me something to do while waiting for winter to go away forever. Like I had mentioned earlier ASK ASK ASK for pic's and history of this equipement. There is some good deals to be had. He has a feedback of 144 with only 5 peeps leaving a negative. I could have also but he made a effort to compensate me for the shipping mistake. I guess it's correct you can't please everyone. :blink:

:eek: OH ya I am not recomending this seller or stating you should not buy from him. I am just giving you my experiance in dealing with canboat as to give you the info to purchase safely. :rolleyes:

Mark is a member of this site.

I too heard warnings of not to buy anything from him but our transaction went as smooth as anyone else that I have bought from on eBay.

:rolleyes: I bought a piston and sleave from "canboat" on ebay, and after I was told it was Mr. Williamson, I did get a little nervous.

BUT, the stuff did arrive as promised, and it was in mint condition.

Take it for what it's worth,

Greg Martin

I went to Marks shop up there in Oceanside and spent a few hours. Just about everything he has posted on ebay I spent a few moments drooling over. The descriptions he put are fairly accurate. When it says not the best boat...he means it. When he says in good shape...that is true too. The T-4 with the CMB looked real sharp. I think the buy it now price is fair. Was there a peticular one you saw? I might be able to offer a fair oppinion. Mark is a boater and a fun guy to talk to. I am sure that Nitro sniffer was right when he sais ask. He will answer.

Adam

I was interested in the winston boat that he was selling but i only need the cowl for a future project

Is this the same Mark Williamson that got the bashing a bit back as Headrcboats and I believe he had another name also that was banned from Ebay?I believe that the one in question had started a account in someone elses name and in a neighboring city.Im not going to bash this dude because it shows his feedback as no issues and seems as IF this is the same guy he got his game together.Maybe someone to help manage his money better?I spoke to him a bit back on some hardware and price wise was high (a couple bucks cheaper than new)and at that time had some issues with Paypal so it was money order only and I will not buy that way especially with the possibility of past issues.If they dont take Paypal I avoid them.Just my 2 cents.

Click on this and check out his shipping charge :eek: :rolleyes: !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5937562306&rd=1

This is why I won't buy from canboat! Also, his descriptions are way too vague. I know. I could just email and ask him but if you're going to advertise something, why not tell your prospective buyers just what it is that you're trying to sell?

And did I mention his shipping charges :eek: ?!?

I'm glad to hear that some of you have made good purchases from canboat. It really is good to hear and I'm glad that things turned out right for you.

:rolleyes: So the concensus is that as far as we can tell he has come around and made right some of the wrongs that has plagued his reputation in the past. Good to hear and good on you Mark. And even though like I said shipping fo rmy stuff was screwed up I paid no extra when it came to me. there was four boxes in total with tons of motor stuff and three boats. I would have to say thanks as it only cost me 75us total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watercadet said:
I went to Marks shop up there in Oceanside and spent a few hours. Just about everything he has posted on ebay I spent a few moments drooling over. The descriptions he put are fairly accurate. When it says not the best boat...he means it. When he says in good shape...that is true too. The T-4 with the CMB looked real sharp. I think the buy it now price is fair. Was there a peticular one you saw? I might be able to offer a fair oppinion. Adam

74929[/snapback]

What did you think of the Pontiac Hydroplane?

He has been SUSPENDED by Ebay again! I was bidding on an item and got a notice from Ebay saying the account has been suspended.

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
NITROSNIFER said:
:rolleyes: So the concensus is that as far as we can tell he has come around and made right some of the wrongs that has plagued his reputation in the past.  Good to hear and good on you Mark.
75032[/snapback]

Well I too was pleased to see Mark on the up & up now being a member here. But it looks like his past caught up with him on Ebay-

Please be advised that the following auction:

5937579066 - 1/8 Scale KELLOGGS FROSTED FLAKES HULL ONLY

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account suspension of the seller.

All results for this auction are null and void.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)

eBay Inc

Guess someone dropped the dime on him which is too bad as it seemed he was on the right track now........... :huh:

Back