Any MN Harley-Davidson riders here ???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to Duluth. Or take a nice ride thru Linstrom - down around into St.Croix Valley - then into Wisc. All the way around into Stillwater.. That's a great ride.

Just to Duluth. Or take a nice ride thru Linstrom - down around into St.Croix Valley - then into Wisc. All the way around into Stillwater.. That's a great ride.
You need glasses or an eye replacement if you think your Yamaha looks even remotely similar to a H-D. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You need glasses or an eye replacement if you think your Yamaha looks even remotely similar to a H-D. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I need glasses - due to the last pair flew-off from the Strong winds here in Minnesota dont-ya-know.. Larry, You ride your H.D. in the wind - don't you? :lol: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mellow: :huh:

Ted, It's always windy on a motorcyle...even on a still day. I've been caught out in storms that produced straight line winds that were blowing trees down, rain, hail, sleet, snow. Soccer Moms with a minivan full of kids bouncing around, drivinig with a cell phone shoved up one ear are more dangerous than any foul weather condition...except maybe glare ice.

Larry

61 down to Winona is a good ride or take the Welch ride for some twisty turns!!! I got clocked at 137 the on that road before when I used to have a rocket .....!!!!!!!

61 down to Winona is a good ride or take the Welch ride for some twisty turns!!! I got clocked at 137 the on that road before when I used to have a rocket .....!!!!!!!
About 75% of the weekend riders in the Twin Cities And Western Wisconsin run that loop every weekend in the Summer, over,and over, and over again...South on the Wisconsin side of the river, then back North on the Minnesota side, or vice versa. You'll see a lot more interesting country by just jumping on the bike in the morning and taking off in what ever direction it's pointed in, destination unknown, and riding till you have to head back home.

Oh Larry only 25% of the 75% make it as most get lost at the bar...... If you start your journey early around 6am south with the sun coming up on 61 is a awesome journey the views are sweet!!!! Take it to Winona then west to Lanesboro to Preston and so on... When my bike took its last one wheel ride over backwards it had 61,000 miles on it!!! Most of my friends I road with barely had 10,000 miles.... 61 was my favorite ride besides 65 over to 371 past leech lake....

I want another rocket!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll have to go out and look,I think I'm hovering at around the 90,000 mile mark on my current ride. Should have been way past that point by now, but when the economy took a dump I curtailed a lot of my aimless wandering, because I couldn't afford the gas, and two sets of tires every summer. The St. Croix River valley is nice riding, no doubt, I have friends that live in Red Wing, Lake City, and Winona, so I've been down that stretch of highway many times.. I might have to find a ipod and load up some Bob Dylan and revisit highway 61. ;) If you can indure the boring landscape,of the Eastern half of the state, South Dakota has some of the best scenery and kick ass winding roads in the Midwest on the other side of the Missouri River. If you have a hankering for lobster and clam chowder, head Down East, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont are great areas to ride also. The U.P. of Michigan is a sweet ride also, and is a lot closer than the Black Hills or New England Or you could head South to...

Oh Larry only 25% of the 75% make it as most get lost at the bar...... If you start your journey early around 6am south with the sun coming up on 61 is a awesome journey the views are sweet!!!! Take it to Winona then west to Lanesboro to Preston and so on... When my bike took its last one wheel ride over backwards it had 61,000 miles on it!!! Most of my friends I road with barely had 10,000 miles.... 61 was my favorite ride besides 65 over to 371 past leech lake.... I want another rocket!!!!
When you were sitting in Cass Lake at the Junction of Highway 2 and 371 you were less than 5 miles from my house on Wolf Lake. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll have to go out and look,I think I'm hovering at around the 90,000 mile mark on my current ride. Should have been way past that point by now, but when the economy took a dump I curtailed a lot of my aimless wandering, because I couldn't afford the gas, and two sets of tires every summer. The St. Croix River valley is nice riding, no doubt, I have friends that live in Red Wing, Lake City, and Winona, so I've been down that stretch of highway many times.. I might have to find a ipod and load up some Bob Dylan and revisit highway 61. ;) If you can indure the boring landscape,of the Eastern half of the state, South Dakota has some of the best scenery and kick ass winding roads in the Midwest on the other side of the Missouri River. If you have a hankering for lobster and clam chowder, head Down East, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont are great areas to ride also. The U.P. of Michigan is a sweet ride also, and is a lot closer than the Black Hills or New England Or you could head South to...
I remember all the aimless riding I did back in the day!!! 2 tires a year is good, I was big in the slow rolling burnouts!!! I used to go through 3 rears a year atleast.... Take the change out of your pocket and go 6-8 bucks for a day of riding not anymore.....

Problem with doing burnouts on a belt drive Harley is when it hooks up and snaps the belt. At over $200.00 a pop, and half the afternoon wrenching to change one out,plus the $150.00 tire you waste in the process, there are less expensive hobbies. Like Toy boats. ;) If I ride like I did when I was younger I can easily go through two rear tires in a Summer with no wheel spin involved.

Problem with doing burnouts on a belt drive Harley is when it hooks up and snaps the belt. At over $200.00 a pop, and half the afternoon wrenching to change one out,plus the $150.00 tire you waste in the process, there are less expensive hobbies. Like Toy boats. ;) If I ride like I did when I was younger I can easily go through two rear tires in a Summer with no wheel spin involved.
My 106hp 95ci efi softail did rolling burnouts and had a hard time hooking up :D . AKA the smile maker . Its nice to see other people here that are riders. I thought I was the only dork with bikes and boats ! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
If its any interest .... I sell Harleys for Faribault Harley-Davidson. If any of you are in this area of minnesota feel free to stop in.

Back