Andrew Tate flips in 2023 Guntersville Hydrofest Final Heat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I met Andrew and his Dad several years back at the Detroit Hydro Fest. Andrew took the championship that year. Super nice people from my home town. Walked up and gave us free pit passes!

Another flip from this year. Bet you couldn't drive a nail in his bunghole with a sledgehammer! Lol!

Crazy
Have to be a pretty calm person to handle that the way he did.
He's been racing for a lot of years and, prior to each season, the drivers have to go through manditory refresher training on what to do in various crash scenarios. "Getting out of a boat that is inverted is just one they have to be able to do. Being calm in that situation is just a side effect of that training. From what I could see, his lane was taken away by the boats on each side and what caused the boat to go over was riding up a rooster tail

I awarded Doug DeWitte the famous D cup at the 1998 NAMBA Nationals for the complete flip maneuver with his MTO scale boat. He not only kept going, but won the heat. He then proceeded to do it two more times, winning a $20 bet on the last one. In the 1/8 scale final Doug had a really great race with Ralph Henry. In the end Ralph won by a couple seconds.

Lohring Miller

78308_03.JPG

If you have never been to Guntersville, AL for this event you should go. This is probley the fastest lake in their series. We were all there. Mark Grim, Chris Grim, Chris Wittrig and others. We talked to Mike and Robie Betke, Buddy Bendict and his son as we were looking over their boats in the pits.

I awarded Doug DeWitte the famous D cup at the 1998 NAMBA Nationals for the complete flip maneuver with his MTO scale boat. He not only kept going, but won the heat. He then proceeded to do it two more times, winning a $20 bet on the last one. In the 1/8 scale final Doug had a really great race with Ralph Henry. In the end Ralph won by a couple seconds.

Lohring Miller

View attachment 317904
I was there and have told that story many times over the years!

Back