Aeromarine Predator 7.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normlee

Hi,

I just purchased a new K&B 7.5 Pro outboard and it came with a Predator hull.

Does anyone have any pictures of radio box setup etc or opinions of the hull please?

Thanks,

Norm

A new Pro 7.5 is a real sweet acquisition. The Predator is an older design that runs fine. A typical wood radio box made to fit would work fine. Although this radio box is built into my VS 1, something similar could be done.

JD

This is the way I set up the XT-460 radio box. The steering servo is toward the bow with the throttle and mixture servos toward the stern. They are all mounted on a plywood plate glued to the radio box sides.

Lohring Miller

xt-460 radio box.bmp

Attachments

• xt-460 radio box.bmp
    175.1 KB · Views: 97
Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures of radio box setup etc or opinions of the hull please?

Thanks,

Norm
Any Photos to share Norm? We mounted a 7.5 K&B on the 3.5 Predator hull only issue we had was the steering throw was tight due to the transom design of the hull, it still turn but not as tights.

Hi,

Thanks,

Norm
Any Photos to share Norm? We mounted a 7.5 K&B on the 3.5 Predator hull only issue we had was the steering throw was tight due to the transom design of the hull, it still turn but not as tights.
Ezzy,

Main issue with the Predator hulls were the issues with turning. The main reason, the simple mechanics of properly turning a tunnel hull were overlooked. To properly steer a tunnel hull, the hinge point needs to be even or aft of the rear edge of the sponsons. If you will keep this in mind, and incorporate a motor mount to accomplish this, you will light up that older hull. You may also need to install ASP's, (auxillary stumble pads), under the tunnel to get the hull "bite" in the turns just enough to turn the boat but not enough to hook the boat in the turns. We played around with a 3.5 and 7.5 Predator many years ago and with these simple additions, created very competitive and raceable boats. If you are up for the challenge, it can be done.....
default_smile.png

Thank you for all the posts on this, I may persist with this hull after all

Latest posts

Back