Aeilerons: How to make them pivot.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FarhodAzarbaydjani

The 1974 Rule Change allowed Hydros to utilize movable aeilerons to stabilize the boat in varying conditions. My Hydro Dumas 1312 Atlas Van Lines has a fixed wing when in fact 25 percent of the rear of the wing was adjustable at the push of a button by the driver to 16 different axis. Does anybody know how to re-create this?

Hate to say this, but to the best of my knowledge, NO HYDROPLANE HAS EVER HAD THE REAR WING WITH A SEPARATE MOVABLE SECTION. The wing is set up so that it can be adjusted on the trailer to fine tune the boat's ride. It wasn't until the early 1980's that a boat came out with a driver controlled aerodynamic surface, and that was on the front wing. I believe the only boats to ever have any kind of driver controlled panels behind the cockpit were the Circus Circus three wing, the T-Plus two wing, Coor's Dry two wing and the U-19 three wing, and these were all at or below deck level

The 1974 Rule Change allowed Hydros to utilize movable aeilerons to stabilize the boat in varying conditions. My Hydro Dumas 1312 Atlas Van Lines has a fixed wing when in fact 25 percent of the rear of the wing was adjustable at the push of a button by the driver to 16 different axis. Does anybody know how to re-create this?
Thanks.

The front wing flaps can be controlled with a servo, some have even used gyro control.

I have setup the flaps with a 3/16 shaft thru the flap and center hull. a control arm on the shaft with a flex control cable routed to the servo in the radio box. Controled by a third channel on the radio.

The front wing flaps can be controlled with a servo, some have even used gyro control.

I have setup the flaps with a 3/16 shaft thru the flap and center hull. a control arm on the shaft with a flex control cable routed to the servo in the radio box. Controled by a third channel on the radio.
Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know the purpose of having a rear mounted tail? Positive deflection to lift the boat out of the water, or negative deflection to keep the rear of the boat in the water?

Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know the purpose of having a rear mounted tail? Positive deflection to lift the boat out of the water, or negative deflection to keep the rear of the boat in the water?
The rear wing is to lift the rear end of the boat, keeping pressure on the bow. just the opposite of a car wing.

The rear wing is to lift the rear end of the boat, keeping pressure on the bow. just the opposite of a car wing.
I concur. Thanks for your input.

Back