• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ABC Sport 40 props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been having problems getting back on pipe from milling so I couldn't give you a good answer but the 2014 did get back on pipe a lot easier from a very slow crawl. I'm sure if I put a lynx cut in the back that would solve that problem.

The speed that they had just from being stock was very surprising.

I had no GPS or radar to go by for speed so this is I guess opinionated as what I think is fast.

Samuel,

I will give you a tip, take some of the cup out of the trailing edge at .7 radi

What pitch gauge do you use Samuel?

They will work much better with less cup you will find.

Cutting up these new propellers is really not needed just find the right

diameter and start working on them to make them better. This is why Jim

has made so many sizes of propellers for us to use. I can share with you

the 2100 series is too big for most motor and pipe combinations you will find.

Spend your money on the 1900 series and 2000 series propellers. You will

have more success this way. If you need more pitch just go up to the next

pitch ratio. The first thing I try to do is to find the correct diameter, and then

I bring the pitch and cup numbers to the pipe and motor combination.

Have Fun And Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I have seen the trailing edge cup on the new props is large to start off with. There is a reason for this so you can find the cup # that works on your eng pipe and boat set up. Most of the time the cup that was on the Octura prop that worked best will end up being what works on the ABC props.

The Orlic style gauge works the best to do this. Just use 5 deg rotation from the trailing edg to check the cup #

Change to a different diameter and pitch ratio prop and keep the same cup when you are testing. This is what work best on the props I have tested so far.

If I had a handful of these props I would try different cup and pitch but with me only having 1 of each I don't want to screw up what I have. These ran very very good just stock.

That is one problem with tuning the new props. You go to far and need to start over with a new prop.

You will never know if you don't try................................

If anyone knows Doug Shepherd have him call me. 231-590-3023
I have had his Sport 40 propellers he wanted done since the last race
that he was suppose to enter and pick up at the Mini Gold Cup.

Doug,

Please call me?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

231-590-3023

Back