A Very Nice, Simple, Inexpensive Head Volume Measurement Tool

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have A plug with the element out just for measurement. Makes it easer to fill the cavity.

How do you tell if the cavity is full. Really hard to tell if there is a bubble in it.

Will throw off the measurement on the small eng.

I have A plug with the element out just for measurement. Makes it easer to fill the cavity.

How do you tell if the cavity is full. Really hard to tell if there is a bubble in it.

I use the same method, only tint the alcohol with red food die,(easier to see), plug installed, on top of a 1/2" socket, or plug grabbed in a small vise.

Would like to check out what you have though at Hobart , Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

I use the same method, only tint the alcohol with red food die,(easier to see), plug installed, on top of a 1/2" socket, or plug grabbed in a small vise.

Would like to check out what you have though at Hobart , Rick
Way to far for me right now with work and all. some day I will get there.

David

I should have enough at Hobart for everyone that has responded here to date. If anyone else wants one, please let me know by the end of this week so I can be prepared.

Thanks...........Rick

Please stop by Rick's pit at Hobart and check these out. He will be selling them there.

This has been used in full scale race eng. shops since the early '60s using large lab. burettes for the major filling, and the small syringes for the final tenths ( of a cc. ), of cyld. heads, ect. Most of us use alcohol with a drop or two of red food coloring. We seal the plastic to the head using a very thin smear of Vaseline or similar grease.

No need to have the head perfectly level, if you have the fill/vent hole at the very edge of the head cavity ( being the highest point ). The fluid will chase the air bubble right up to the fill hole and out. Very accurate ( well; As accurate as the mathematition/ eng. builder ).

This has been used in full scale race eng. shops since the early '60s using large lab. burettes for the major filling, and the small syringes for the final tenths ( of a cc. ), of cyld. heads, ect. Most of us use alcohol with a drop or two of red food coloring. We seal the plastic to the head using a very thin smear of Vaseline or similar grease.

No need to have the head perfectly level, if you have the fill/vent hole at the very edge of the head cavity ( being the highest point ). The fluid will chase the air bubble right up to the fill hole and out. Very accurate ( well; As accurate as the mathematicion/ eng. builder ).
That is exactly where I got the idea!

OK that enough I DON"T HAVE DRAIN DAMAGE.

My pipes work just fine.

DAM RAY <_<

Back