A O/B Hydro Wins 2nd ??????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baxter Walton

A out board hydro with a K&B 3.5 Motor wins 2nd Pl at NAMBA Nats in a inboard Race??? A .21 Class Inboard Hydro race? I am glad for him but whats going on? Is Nitro that dead here?

nope, i ran one all last year in b hydro here in impba d-12. just cuz i'm mainly an ob kinda guy :p . ran fairly well, just had to be set up on the ragged edge to compete. won a runoff for second place against a good running sgx, too. just another way to have fun ;) . i am running an ib jae this year, still have the sundowner/cmb tt combo on the shelf just in case. that & it's a class at the wtc every year.

Thats right. John finished them all. Was not even close to some of the speeds of the inboards. Check out the points. None of them finished all 4 except him. Including me. Ended up tied with Mark and someone else. Loss to both on time. 5th overall.

Mike

Wow what was going on Mike? Legg Lake is a clean place to race, was the winds up? Or just some tight racing and he stayed out the way? I know Ron's boats always run consistent , I understood how he might have ran , I miss Ron, It will be good to see him again, Are you guys coming to Camarillo next month?

Took me 2 yrs to save up enough to go for nats. It will be a while before I go to any out of town races in the near future. Even though I want to. I want to run the bigger rigger stuff more. It is just faster. We dont have any good big boat racing in the NW. I had a great time running my C,X,Twin at nats.

Mike

Wow what was going on Mike? Legg Lake is a clean place to race, was the winds up? Or just some tight racing and he stayed out the way? I know Ron's boats always run consistent , I understood how he might have ran , I miss Ron, It will be good to see him again, Are you guys coming to Camarillo next month?
I was watching most of the 20 rigger races as that is the class that I really like. The NATS were the same as a lot of races. There were a lot of fast boats but most of the time the throttle finger is what determines who wins. Very few of the really fast boats were able to run flat out thru the entire heat and finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back