8907 vs 8935

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed.R

I was wondering if the performance gain would be worth looking for a 8935 K&B SS vs the motor I have ,8907 ?

or spend the money and buy the gold parts.

I know , just go get an OS !

Ed.R

Ed, I can make a sport 8907 SMOKE a SS.

Ill send you a PM.

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
so James can you send me a PM also please :rolleyes:

or at lest a little more info on why you like the ss over the 8907 more

i would very much like to hear more on this one ;) from the rest of the MOTOR HEADS out there

was think of getting a new motor this year

Marty

sorry got it truned around 8907 over the SS

Marty

I have the Oval Epress Racing 8907 that just took third in a big tunnel district race......

James

Where is my new build ;)

Butch

Marty, Im on my way to work now, Ill send it when I get back home today.

Butch, congrats on the finish. what do you mean "wheres my new build"

Ronald, that was a very exciting race... I gave it to him on the last lap...that one still hurts... he raced me clean the whole way though, great driving.

~James

I don't know if Ed wants a stock or a mod K&B.

Ronald.

I 'm running in the sport class with IMPBA up with the PTPT , great group to race with.

Ed.R

Ed, I can make a sport 8907 SMOKE a SS.

Ill send you a PM.

~James

Guys

I have seen his villain with a SMOKING K&B behind it, men that thing was fast, I mean FAST.

There is vid of James' flying Villain on:

http://www.rmhalliday.com/CMBFile/cmbtc/06TCH41.wmv

I don't know if Ed wants a stock or a mod K&B.

Ronald.
The lead boat was Top Fuel (James Clegster) running one of his Oval Express K&B engines on Mike Z. personal Villan. (for the first 5-3/4 laps) and the guy that was behind him about to chew off his prop nut was AKA Wade-N-Nator Daughtry from Albany Georgia driving a Lynx CK-285. That was Wades first race in about 4 years and as you could tell, he was a bit rusty but still driving like a mad wolverine! Notice Wade was driving in lane 8 most of the race but shot the hole on the last turn and went on the take 1st place for that heat.

Wade was running a O/S-XM "Turb-n-ator" sport engine built by Mike Rushing and running Mikes Rushing's home brew "Blue Balls Fuel" Yes, it was smoking but all Rushings engines run like that.

But just to clear that up. That was a O/S engine that was smoking.

-Carl,

The Villain was my personal villian ( the original) not Mike Z's. Yes, Mike rushing makes extremely fast engines, But for a 20 year old K&B, on a beat up ole wood boat, it was a pretty good race. Had I not brain farted on the last bouy, he would not have gotten around me. It goes to show that if you run on the bouys, the faster boat has to work extremely hard to get around you. The best part for me about the whole event was that I had (keyword had) a comanding lead in MOD tunnel going into the last round against all of these super-duper, rediculously expensive, Nova Rossi conversions, and one off O.S.'s all with my same little sport boat....

:D

I feel the smack talk already starting for next year.... :D

I just reread Carl's post, I think Ronald was refering to the K&B behind my boat meaning bolted to the back of it.

If you watch the video closely, you will see when I pull the trigger and when i am holding him off. If Ive learned one thing in the years of boating its that you dont have to go hammer down the whole way if you are out front. Obviously, at the end would have been a good time to finish the job, but I gave it to him.... Rematch, Rematch, Rematch...! :D

The scary part is that it had been 4 years since he raced last, if he shows up next year, im sure he will have his game and it will be tough for anyone to beat the boat/driving combination.

~James

Indeed I meant that very old K&B of James let his villain fly.

I know James is very good with engines. He and Don did a very good study on engines with his Team Oval Express Racing.........

Ronald.

In my opinion, it was the best race of the weekend. I wish they were all that close. The rematch will have the blood pump'n for sure. I remember a two boat race in Tennessee a few years back with Mike Talley driving a Hornet and Karl Strum driving a XT boat that Tommy Lee had set up just for Karl to drive in the O/B 7.5cc sport class. They were only inches apart at the start and actually touched each other a few times in the turns. This went on for 6 laps and ended only inches apart across the finish line but Karls boat came across the line upside down and backwards! I wish I had that one on video. Karl was a great driver.

Racing you guys will be a blast! We all are looking forward to it.

-Carl,

James

I need more motor !!!!!!! :lol:

They are coming out the woods after me and Don :lol: :lol:

;) I still have the OS... points,points,points !!!!!

3 months 'till the next HP race... two Lynx's a OS and Gearaghty K&B SX... Alot of things could happen...???

Butch

Back