88 Miller High Life Paint

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

Lost my paint code Newton sheet for the 88 miller high life. Can anyone give me the Dupont color codes for the Green and Gold paint?

Thanks in advance.

Miller Scale.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost my paint code Newton sheet for the 88 miller high life. Can anyone give me the Dupont color codes for the Green and Gold paint?

Thanks in advance.
gold 43484...red 29198...white 7414...green 10552...hope this helps...bob miller

Thanks Bob.

I'll use hese numbers and see if my auto paint store can cross them to DuPont. Right now its a cost issue. Imron is expensive.

I cannot wait to get my Miller done. It has got to be the best looking hull ever! I do hope the codes are cross able to basecoat. If they are, could you post the codes to basecoat on here? I hear Imron is dangerous to the body, far more than base/clear. Mike

I have always liked the Miller paint schemes.... Here is Paul Omerzu's from Edmonton....

Miller1.jpg

I have my friend that works at the local Napa, a dupont paint dealer reasearching the imron to basecoat paint codes right now. I hope to have some info for all the 4 colors today some time. Mike

I have my friend that works at the local Napa, a dupont paint dealer reasearching the imron to basecoat paint codes right now. I hope to have some info for all the 4 colors today some time. Mike
Thanks Mike.

I haven't been able to get to my paint store.

The red is for the pin stripping around the gold. I am using 1/32nd stripping tape I got on line.

I have their web site on my computer at home. I'll post it tonight.

Yeah, I have not heard back yet. I hope soon tho for the codes. I will have to get some of that 1/32 red stripe as well. I did however, just do something good. I drew up all the MIller High Life labels for the hull on autocad, and took it to the sign shop today. They are doing the full set in vinyl for $52! Here is a image, downsized of course. The true cut out image has perfect edges, so please do not judge this bmp image! Mike

MillerPDFDecalsSolid.jpg

OK, paint codes. Just talked to my dupont dealer. The red, green and white, all use the standard Dupont paint code system, so the numbers for imron work for the base colors as well. The gold, is not a cross match, so the only thing I can say about that, is either mix imron, or bring in a quality picture of the gold on a miller boat, and hope for the best. I guess that is what I will have to do! Mike

I kind of thought one color wowuld not cross. I have a clear photo of my boat (before I reacked it last season)

I am checking one of my clubs old members. H had the paint I used last winter. Trying to locate him as he moved.

Well, I just got back from the vinyl shop. Got my miller decals done, and they turned out great! They also cut me strips of red for the pinstriping fineline in red, and they ordered a green that matchs the Imron green required almost perfectly. Once the green arrives, they will cut strips the proper width so I can drop it right on the boat. So I only need the white and gold colors in basecoat to do the project now. Im pretty excited. Mike

Sport Hydro, when you get that gold paint code, please let me know so I can see if it matches my thoughts, and also because I would like to use it! Mike

IMGP1223Large.jpg

I finally got to my paint supplier. The green code crossed directly to:

PPG Deltron

Brand Code: 47638

Green Metalic

The gold does not cross, but the paint dealer came as close as we good find to match. Wet it looks a little darker than

in the pictures of my boat and DUCK899, but should lighten after mixing and drying. I'll find out in the next week or two.

PPG Deltron

Brand Code: 919056

Amber Gold, Yellow Jacket

These are urathane base colors.

Correction on the gold part number.

Dupont Centari Acrylic enamal 43484AH medium gold.

This is a direct cross from the Duppont imron.

Latest posts

Back