71-71 Pay n Pak paint codes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they painted that boat, there were no paint codes. I was told that they mixed up the gold metal flake by eye in the shop. What graphics are you gong to use? I would match the orange paint to the orange on the graphics. That hull is owned by Unlimited Excitement LLC, and is being restored to the "Miss Budweiser" scheme. If there is any of the old paint job left on the hull, maybe they could tell you more.

Let's see some pic's of your build.

Good luck!

tom, brent,

great information about that beautiful PAK. i know you worked very hard on yours tom. what happened to the UNLIMITED EXCITEMENT LLC website ? it had lots of very interesting information about hull histories and ron jones picklefork hull development.

check out the nice photo in the gary todd photo collection on the vintagehydroplanes.com website. i think there's another good photo on the bill osborne website. billophoto.com

dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I mixed my own colors, I used the picture that Brent posted for the colores.

John R.

Image11.jpg

Image07.jpg

Hey John, I tried to email you before I started this project but all the email addresses were

no good. Any good ideas on how to make this boat handle well?

Thanks, Brent

Hey John, I tried to email you before I started this project but all the email addresses were

Thanks, Brent

here it is in 1/7 scale electric before paint

more info can be found at scalehydro.com

DSC_0060.JPG

The original color was gold metalflake. The paint job looked like one of the new bass boats I used House Of Kolor gold metalflake.

Indy_Masters_08_081.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brent, I updated my e-mail in my profile, long time no hear, hope all has been fine, on my Pak I lowered the motor 1/2" & add a belly pan, also raised the sponson 3/8", it runs like it is on rails.

john R.

Thanks, Brent

Back