700BB 8.4 from fastelectrics v SS1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrewg

same arm,

same can,

same magnets,

same brushes,

same place of manufacture

same advance

= same motor.

Run them in the same way and they will perform the same.

Andrew,

I Also commend you for sticking with your guns on this issue and in provding the rest of us with the information!

It makes everythign more affordable and enjoyable for almost everyone :)

Kris

Thanks, Andrew! And, I'll second Kris's comments!

Are we going to see a new LSH Shovel package in the future? ;D

I've been wondering about something.

I know you all say these modded 700BB's are kick arse an everything, but what about graupner's own original 700BB motor?

Since I live in sweden I asume the "real" 700BB will be much easier and sheaper for me to get.

I'm sortof planning for my next boat project before I even got my current one finnished. ;D

it is the Graupner 700BB 8.4 which is part of the Discussion - make sure you run it in very well and it will be a rocket

I sell both. I make more money on the New version 8.4

Why does that matter? I rather sell the 8.4

They are not the same! At least the ones I have. I tested 2 brand new 8.4 against 2 new ss1. The ss1 is at least 300rpm faster. The ss1 sells for $20 more than the 8.4 Is it worth another $20 bucks for 300rpm? Thats up to you!

Andrew you should realy get a ss1 to test out!!!

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

I just ordered a motor from HL Dan and I will do a test on the water to see!!!!! I tend to belive Andrew he is very sharp on these things!

Andrew how do you know all is the same if you haven't tested or used one yourself? Your words would have more merit if you had done a test for yourself instead of wanting Chris Fine to come out and tell us the specs.

Man i was surprise when i put my new 12 cell pack, RC-Hydros ESC and 700bb (which all arrived this week from Andrew) in a DPI boat and a hyperformance lower unit because of how much it weights!!!

It is more than a 3.5 nitro boat :eek: oh and the batteries are cp2400's

Although i cant wait to test it out and have a reasonably quite boat again :)

Kris

Steven

I know the specs of the motors made by Mabuchi for FFDM and for Graupner

And I have implored FDM for the last three or 4 months to make a declaritive statement to contradict what I have said.

Perhaps you could convince him too :)

Kris

12 cell electrics is heavier than most 3.5 setups - and you do know the power is less too?

CP 2400's weigh the same as RC2400's

Try it against a stock 3.5

Andrew Gilchrist

fastelectrics.com

Andrew I took apart a SS1 and this is what I have found.

The wire is wrapped around the armature 10 times and the wire diameter is .027. Is this the same as the new 8.4?

Well I guess time will tell? We will see what happens in the spec classes in the next months.

Steve

the Mabuchi Spec is 10 wind 8 guage but it is not AWG

FDM say the SS1 is 10 wind 8 guage - that is a giveaway

FDM are using Mabuchis spec - 8 AWG is huge over 3 square mm of wire - think car battery cable.

Paul has a new 700 he blew. He could send you the arm maybe.

BTW did u measure the wire coated or with the coating removed?

This makes a difference in the guage at leastin AWG terms - you are just a tad thicker than 28 AWG

I measured several areas of the wire until I got the thinnest reading from any area that had most of the epoxy removed from the wire, there may have a slight amount still on there, but it seems the answer is conclusive. Just for the record I can care less about this motor as it is a throw away and there is no value in that. Another thing, the reason I cut my motor up is because I burned up the com.

Mike

the pipe is on its way

I have had cusoms hold up model parts recently

but it should be with u any day

Andrew

Andrew,

Yep i understand it is less power also :) but it will be quieter ;)

As soon as i find a new place to run : :) :eek: > :( i will give it a go, for now i have to set up the steering and stuff

Kris

Hi Guy's

Just dropping in on you Amp heads - Kris & others did you see the Graupner Formel ! tunnel review in UK Model Boats???(I think). The reviewer had some interesting comments to make about a different motor on top of the Graupner leg. Kris I can probably scan and post a copy for you if you want. What ever happened about the Formel 1 you were trying to get?

I don't really care what pushes them along - tunnels yeah baby.

GT ;D

GT, i have the magazine with the Article Ernie wrote :) bought it only because that was in it LOL

He suggested using a setup like i just got would work well on the hull...which sounds good to me!

As for the tunnel, i am hoping the guy sent it, he said he would but he is a busy man with lots of things to do...

Kris

Back