67 sg and sgx any one running them

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam larvenz

Supporting Member
hi I have a nitro sg 67 also a sgx 67 wanting to make them top notch electric . IMPBA legal and and if posible NAMBA legal oval heat racing . like to see around 80 to 90 mph speeds for 6 to 10 laps .

Roger has an FE sgx and ANDY has built several for overseas customers. All powered buy NEU. Lets get yours done here on IW.

Hugh

been looking around found a neu 2215/2y motor esc hydra hv 240 ice 2hv battery turnigy nano-teck 5000 10s 65-130 5000 do not know what it all is but it seems to be better then the set up i found . seen a vidio of a fe rigger can not remember the gentlemans name but recall boat was black and yellow . It was a 10s batteries in canada i think . thanks what area u in i'm in the roostertail club . dist 4 and life member impba . have good stuff need to work on them and learn to drive . haha If ur willing lets do it . Maybe Andy and them might chime in to loved his motors an boats .

check with Doug Twaits Jr. he runs an SG in P hydro. (I know it is only a P boat, but man that things HAULS FREIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!)

he was at the Hagerstown MD race this last weekend and cleaned clocks in open nitro/fe hydro

Adam, be careful of the nano techs, they are not lasting at 120 amp draw and won't last at all at the 180 to 200 amps you are going to be running.

great info would u recomand my brother just got 4 zippy 45c but they look huge lol . very glad MR. doug twaits jr has one running hard hope he can get a vidio on here some day does any one know how to contact him may be he will share his thoughts and set up . or maybe not u never know secret set ups r cool to . THANKS U all R Awsome .

Hello adam...

For batteries go gens ace......Better quality/price ratio...been there...done that!

If you have money go to flightpower or hyperion...but don´t forget to open your pockets..or you might loose the pants...LOLOL

Best Regards

hi I have a nitro sg 67 also a sgx 67 wanting to make them top notch electric . IMPBA legal and and if posible NAMBA legal oval heat racing . like to see around 80 to 90 mph speeds for 6 to 10 laps .
Your goals are definately do-able. How will you begin?

Adam talk to Chris Harris or Brian Buass. I consider them some of the leading authorities on FE BOATS NOW A DAY. ;)

You dont have to get stupid $$$$$$ on batteries many have used the nanotechs without issue. No they arent the best but they will work as will many other cheaper batteries out there. Grim racer's are very good too from all ive read. Hyperions seem to be working well too. If you get a chance go on ebay and look for PULSE lipos. Their heli-heritage has led to some very useful form factors us boaters can use.

THE NAME GAME

DONT get TOOO caught up in that. Alot of other things will come into play before you need to worry about IR of a battery. Its like getting

stock ugo pistons top-coated$$$$$$$$$$$$ for an extra 1/8 hp :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Check out Revolectrix lipo's, I just got a couple of their 4s packs that are looking pretty good. They have the lowest ir of all my brands so far. Plus their chargers are the safest and most powerful on the market right now.

(not affiliated just impressed)

Latest posts

Back