3pv futaba

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me.. the most important thing is Multi Model Memory.

Grim
That is huge one as well. Something else wonderful computer radios gave us.

Remember those days of having to set up each of your boats identically or have a different radio for every boat. There were like 2 suitable Futaba servos. Remember the S-7 and the S-29's being about it at one time going way back.

Last edited:
Try the latest Flysky or Radiolink solutions. cannot beat them in price and quality to the Futaba or Spectrum out there for boats.

I remember going to a district race with a milk crate full of radios, and they were am crystals.
And frequency clips and radio impound!.
The old days

compound that with the old days of clipping on a transponder and it was

WHO HAS THE CH 80 PIN
WHO HAS TRANSPONDER 4

LOL.

DO NOT MISS THAT!

Grim

That is huge one as well. Something else wonderful computer radios gave us.

Remember those days of having to set up each of your boats identically or have a different radio for every boat. There were like 2 suitable Futaba servos. Remember the S-7 and the S-29's being about it at one time going way back.
I still have some S-7's and spare gear sets !

I ran some of my first 7.5 outboard boats with a single 134 Futaba servo. No problems. I have looked at the monster torque ratings on some of these new servos! What battery capacity do you need for that?

I must have just been lucky back in the day. I ran a 40 inch hull with a 7.5 outboard and a 134 steering servo....on a 400ma 4cell.!!

Glad to hear these comments about the 3pv radio since I have a new one in the box. Is there a better receiver to use with it than the one that comes with it?

Glad to hear these comments about the 3pv radio since I have a new one in the box. Is there a better receiver to use with it than the one that comes with it?
I've been running the R324BS on my 3pv with no problems. It has two antennas. They say not to use analog servos with it and they are correct. I had a little throttle servo act up when I just plugged the new receiver into the radio box without really checking the servo.

Brent

I've been running the R324BS on my 3pv with no problems. It has two antennas. They say not to use analog servos with it and they are correct. I had a little throttle servo act up when I just plugged the new receiver into the radio box without really checking the servo.
Brent

Where does Futaba say that at ?

I suggest everyone read the manual until you understand what it is saying. So many think they can wing it then are upset when they smoke a analogue servo. Not sure why anyone would still have one of those but in any case.

The radio is trying to tell you it's time for digital. Lol.

The R324SBS is perfectly fine running analogue if you set it to "normal mode"

The problem is that people do not know to cycle the power switch on the transmitter after making the change. If you don't do that it doesn't make the change and if you plug in a analogue servo thinking it is safe it isn't and majic smoke again.

Important,
Please remember that this setting stays the way you turn the transmitter on so even if you change from a model number that was in high speed mode (DIGITAL) and you changed to a model number programmed to normal(ANAOGUE) mode you can not turn on that model YET without first power cycling the transmitter or it will still be in digital and fry your servos.

https://futabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/R324SBS.pdf
https://futabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/3PV.pdf
ZLNSFkM.jpg

eJzfLRK.jpg

Last edited:
Wow.. was that tactless. Helping people with is one thing... calling them out like that.. was well.. tactless. Dont be surprised if people start to ignore you.. (ignore on)

Good luck and good boating.

Grim

Where does Futaba say that at ?

I suggest everyone read the manual until you understand what it is saying. So many think they can wing it then are upset when they smoke a analogue servo. Not sure why anyone would still have one of those but in any case.

The radio is trying to tell you it's time for digital. Lol.

The R324SBS is perfectly fine running analogue if you set it to "normal mode"

The problem is that people do not know to cycle the power switch on the transmitter after making the change. If you don't do that it doesn't make the change and if you plug in a analogue servo thinking it is safe it isn't and majic smoke again.

Important,
Please remember that this setting stays the way you turn the transmitter on so even if you change from a model number that was in high speed mode (DIGITAL) and you changed to a model number programmed to normal(ANAOGUE) mode you can not turn on that model YET without first power cycling the transmitter or it will still be in digital and fry your servos.

https://futabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/R324SBS.pdf
https://futabausa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/3PV.pdf
ZLNSFkM.jpg

eJzfLRK.jpg
Really ? Hundreds of outstanding analog servos out there doing work and kicking ass . All we are doing is operating a carb and turning a rudder not doing an IMAC sequence!!!

Back