3pv futaba

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry all.. my post was over the top.. sorry Daniel..

Its good to get all the info out we can to make for better user experience..

Grim out!

Really ? Hundreds of outstanding analog servos out there doing work and kicking ass . All we are doing is operating a carb and turning a rudder not doing an IMAC sequence!!!
Tom,
You just said you installed Futaba 3003 servos in a boat. A $10 servo.

If it works and it is the cheapest that will work then it is outstanding. I get that idea.

Didn't you just smoke a couple analogues and just now installed 3003's in their place ? You know what they say about expecting something different.

Those servos are too weak. With the amperage the life packs deliver one hiccup and those servos are smoke. One iota of overrun and they are toast. They don't do well with vibration. Set your Failsafe to back trigger one bit too much and flip the boat and servo is toast.

Plenty of expirience 20-25 years ago with 3003 and 3004's using them just on throttles and they sucked immensely.

Yes plenty of good old analogue servos no doubt. The 3003 isn't one of them.

You have surely never driven boats outfitted with some nice digitals running in high speed mode. It is incredibly different. So much more precise especially since they have tons of torque and setup properly so you got zero rod flex it is like the wheel is connected directly to the rudder. The response and refresh rate along with the precise centering is something worth going after.

I am not trying to convince you they are better as we know that would be like beating the head against the wall. Lol. Took a rule outlawing FM to get you to 2.4GHZ.
We will give you another 20 years to get use to the change to 2.4ghz. Maybe digital in the next life.

Long live the analogue servo.

Very aware cracking on dated hardware is a sin.

Grim,
No worries at all about the comment. My comments were very inconsiderate of those that still love their analogues dearly.

I expected Tom to be first to defend the almighty analogue. He fell for it hook line and sinker. Just messing with him about those 3003's he just installed replacing 2 other analogues he just burnt up.

He was replacing Hitec 255's I think. I watched our friend Mike Cottec install 4- 255's in a single day setup on the throttle. No over runs either. Just from vibration and too weak on a Seaducer cat that was setup for those worthless little servos.

Toy boats folks.

Last edited:
Tom,
You just said you installed Futaba 3003 servos in a boat. A $10 servo.

If it works and it is the cheapest that will work then it is outstanding. I get that idea.

Didn't you just smoke a couple analogues and just now installed 3003's in their place ? You know what they say about expecting something different.

Those servos are too weak. With the amperage the life packs deliver one hiccup and those servos are smoke. One iota of overrun and they are toast. They don't do well with vibration. Set your Failsafe to back trigger one bit too much and flip the boat and servo is toast.

Plenty of expirience 20-25 years ago with 3003 and 3004's using them just on throttles and they sucked immensely.

Yes plenty of good old analogue servos no doubt. The 3003 isn't one of them.

You have surely never driven boats outfitted with some nice digitals running in high speed mode. It is incredibly different. So much more precise especially since they have tons of torque and setup properly so you got zero rod flex it is like the wheel is connected directly to the rudder. The response and refresh rate along with the precise centering is something worth going after.

I am not trying to convince you they are better as we know that would be like beating the head against the wall. Lol. Took a rule outlawing FM to get you to 2.4GHZ.
We will give you another 20 years to get use to the change to 2.4ghz. Maybe digital in the next life.

Long live the analogue servo.

Very aware cracking on dated hardware is a sin.

Grim,
No worries at all about the comment. My comments were very inconsiderate of those that still love their analogues dearly.

I expected Tom to be first to defend the almighty analogue. He fell for it hook line and sinker. Just messing with him about those 3003's he just installed replacing 2 other analogues he just burnt up.

He was replacing Hitec 255's I think. I watched our friend Mike Cottec install 4- 255's in a single day setup on the throttle. No over runs either. Just from vibration and too weak on a Seaducer cat that was setup for those worthless little servos.

Toy boats folks.
Wow lol !! You are the best ! Long live analogs ! I ran a 148 on the throttle in my 90 mph Twin for about 8 years with zero issues. Pictured is the boat with the 3003 servos on 3rd channel and throttle.

Attachments

• 20231104_150953.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
Daniel, here is the rundown of the servo applications in my boats since my " antiquity " infuriates you so much lol 😆. .21 Hydro - S - 148.s , .45 hydro throttle 3015 , rudder Airtronics ....mixture hs 85 mg , .67 Hydro throttle S 148 , mixture S.148 , rudder Hs 5465 MG, Single 101 Hydro throttle 3003., mix 3003.rudder HS 5465 MG , Twin .91.Hydro throttle Savox ....., Rudder HS 805 MG , .91 Seaducer throttle S 148 , mix S 148 , rudder HS 805 MG , Whiplash GV throttle S 148 , Rudder HS 5465 MG . Don't let me pass you in the woods on my 2003 carb KTM 450 now !!🤣🤣 . Luv ya buddy!😆

Daniel, here is the rundown of the servo applications in my boats since my " antiquity " infuriates you so much lol 😆. .21 Hydro - S - 148.s , .45 hydro throttle 3015 , rudder Airtronics ....mixture hs 85 mg , .67 Hydro throttle S 148 , mixture S.148 , rudder Hs 5465 MG, Single 101 Hydro throttle 3003., mix 3003.rudder HS 5465 MG , Twin .91.Hydro throttle Savox ....., Rudder HS 805 MG , .91 Seaducer throttle S 148 , mix S 148 , rudder HS 805 MG , Whiplash GV throttle S 148 , Rudder HS 5465 MG . Don't let me pass you in the woods on my 2003 carb KTM 450 now !!🤣🤣 . Luv ya buddy!😆
Nothing much in life infuriates me. Don't have the energy to waste on all that.

It was the 3003 specifically that I thought was a questionable choice WAS ALL !!!!! swapping from 255's was just frosting on the cake. Lol.

Anything else was just wise cracks to go along with your infatuation with antiquities. I know you were going to throw in the towel rather than go 2.4ghz but here you are.

Good to see a few digitals sneaking their way in there already. Don't think I didn't see those 5465's and that no number Savox. Is that another digital as well ? Lol.

That is so funny you mention that pass.

I was actually going to post I just know your going to roost all over me when we hit Croom. Wide open down "A" trail !!

Just remember I have a 450 too and it is a modern high performance digital fuel injected fire breathing monster making about 65 hp sporting a IRC on the back with 1" square cut lugs. That YZ has a little kiddy up.
All my buddies call it the snowblower.

I usually bring one of my 2 strokes for Croom riding though now. YZ450 is my Forest bike. When I got 450 I did ride Croom every other Saturday for 2 years but it was a workout. We ride better than 6 out of 8 hours and in 96° weather in full gear your about dead when it's time to load up. Good times !!!!

Show me some of that love baby. Can't wait.

Last edited:
Nothing much in life infuriates me. Don't have the energy to waste on all that.

It was the 3003 specifically that I thought was a questionable choice WAS ALL !!!!! swapping from 255's was just frosting on the cake. Lol.

Anything else was just wise cracks to go along with your infatuation with antiquities. I know you were going to throw in the towel rather than go 2.4ghz but here you are.

Good to see a few digitals sneaking their way in there already. Don't think I didn't see those 5465's and that no number Savox. Is that another digital as well ? Lol.

That is so funny you mention that pass.

I was actually going to post I just know your going to roost all over me when we hit Croom. Wide open down "A" trail !!

Just remember I have a 450 too and it is a modern high performance digital fuel injected fire breathing monster making about 65 hp sporting a IRC on the back with 1" square cut lugs. That YZ has a little kiddy up.
All my buddies call it the snowblower.

I usually bring one of my 2 strokes for Croom riding though now. YZ450 is my Forest bike. When I got 450 I did ride Croom every other Saturday for 2 years but it was a workout. We ride better than 6 out of 8 hours and in 96° weather in full gear your about dead when it's time to load up. Good times !!!!

Show me some of that love baby. Can't wait.
I'm pretty sure you could smoke me at Croom these days lol . You ride way more than I do anymore and I'm old lol . The replacement knee has slowed me way down! I ride by myself and have become much more cautious. My bike is way down on power compared to yours !! All good man . You got me at least looking at better servos . I like that waterproof blue Savox .

I'm pretty sure you could smoke me at Croom these days lol . You ride way more than I do anymore and I'm old lol . The replacement knee has slowed me way down! I ride by myself and have become much more cautious. My bike is way down on power compared to yours !! All good man . You got me at least looking at better servos . I like that waterproof blue Savox .

I hope you do come ride with our group when your feeling up to it. We have a good time. We are all old.

Just probably not the Savox tall blue all plastic case ones. Those are kinda crappy and are way taller than normal standard servos.

The 1210 and 1212 are two I know that are truly bullet proof. Great servos. Used about 30 of each and all still working. 1210 around 300 oz in and over 500 oz in on the 1212. The torque seems crazy but they are not even that power hungry. Nobody requires those torque numbers but that is what the good servos put out today. It sure makes the boats drive nice.
Some have tech that detects lockup too so it won't burn itself or wiring up or damage something if you happen to tell it to go where it can't.

I can ride right now . I paid for my sticker months ago but been too busy with the shop, need to go get it maybe Sunday . I don't get the new hip till April now so I can still ride .

I can ride right now . I paid for my sticker months ago but been too busy with the shop, need to go get it maybe Sunday . I don't get the new hip till April now so I can still ride .

Oh ok I see. Way cool. You going to stay and ride a little if you go on Sunday ?

Last week it was as dusty after no rain for better than 3 weeks. The terrain is primo now after 3 days of rain. Figures, this is our off week.

I got a ton of information, going to replace my current futaba slowly, the biggest expense is receivers, I will probably get 10 of these so it's an investment and didn't want to buy the wrong radio.
Years ago when 2.4 just came into the boating world I bought a spectrum module that plugged into my futaba radio, did not work out well.
Went and got a futaba and no issues except a broken antenna which is common issue with this radio

Looks like I de - railed his post ! Sorry John !

Tom,
You know I was to blame as usual.

Sorry John,
I thought it was done at post #2.

Wally was trying to prevent what he calls bedtime stories. Gets all bent when threads go on past being answered once especially if it was his answer.

Is the 3PV still on the list ?

Don't be scared jump all over one of them fancy new 7PXR's. Buy once cry once. Lol.

Incredibly nice but far extreme from the 3PV in price.

They both can use similarly priced receivers.
If you get the better receivers running on T-FHSS dual diversity type it will give you receiver voltage at the transmitter as well as the best range but I recon those are about double the price of each one.

FUTABA BABY !!!!!

I thought this was a good post, lot of great information so everyone can see, it's nice to have the guru's add there thoughts on subject matters.
I like having open subjects like this so everyone can read and add comments

Back