33" 6S Seaducer in Oz

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulletMaster

Hi guys...

I didn't want to hijack the other seaducer thread any futher than I already have, hence the new one.

Just wanted to let you guys know the progress on this setup so far...

Ran today and finally got the radar on the boat. Looking at about 53 MPH. I think there is still a bit left in it, but the boat is getting squirrely at speed (typical seaducer behaviour). I am setting up for oval racing, so it really needs to be settled to run consistently. Using a Neu 1521/1.5D motor with 6S1P TP5000X pack. ESC is a CC180 and using Xtremelink/JRR1 radio for the control.

I do have a new datalog from the new V3 logger (interesting to say the least). As I had been using a V2 before, it stops reading over 120A, but I suspect it becomes inaccurate over 110A. We were seeing currents today of up to 170A!

I will post the graphs from today if anyone is interested?

DSCN0337.JPG

Nice looking build Bulletmaster. I for one would like to see the power charts from the V3. I am running a very similiar set-up, just 4s2p instead of 6s. I am considerinig switching over to a 1527/1d instead of the 1521/1.5D i have right now for a little more speed.

Tyler

Bulletmaster, you should be able to do 53 mph with that motor on 4s.

Mark

not using that motor for the boat - so null and void now.

Last edited by a moderator:
logging data to come.... I have real race conditions data...

the boat ran real well at the recent World Circuit Racing Challenge held in Sydney Australia. Placed (second to a well deserving Shane Deacon).

Hi Tony,

Glad to hear the mono ran well at the World Circuit Challenge. Sounds like it was a good race meeting.

Cheers,

Scott

Hey good looking build and congratulations on your second place. Am looking at upgrading from my Triton hull to a seaducer for the race water handling. Can you please post the data logger info, CG etc.

Truly an excellent boat. I was running (well behind you in third) a 1521 1.5Y in my mono while both you and Shane were running the higher rpm 1Y configuration. I picked my motor rpm from my nitro experience, but these boats obviously like more rpm and smaller props. It was a great learning experience.

Lohring Miller

Lohring,

it was a pleasure to have you guys over.... I'm glad that you were able to continue in the electric class... Nice diving for the batts by the way :) Velcro straps are a necessity :) I did notice that Al didn't dive straight in after them... definate lack of commitment there from your Pitman! :p :lol: :lol:

Unlike Australia, it's hard to find quality pit men in the States. You get stuck with old guys like Al and me.

Lohring

ran the 6S boat again today, but in with A-Mono class... pretty hot competition at our club. 3 wins from 3 starts.. I am happy. But having a hooking issue with the boat in the turns. Need to try a better steering servo, currently using a JR DS 811 digital...

Jim,

yep, that's correct. .21 size. We had full 6 boat heats. We use the same class naming for nitro as NAMBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back