21 JAE and Pipe fit.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmunn

Is anyone having an issue with the pipe fit between the side of the 21 JAE tub and the engine.I find mine to be very tight using the NR 5 port and the 180*style header.

The tub is much deeper than the 12 I built therefore the engine sits deeper and the header needs to be higher causing an issue with my pipe coupler hitting the side of the engine .

Just wondering what you guys have experienced and done.Now would be the time to remove some of the side of the tub if necessary.

I would also like to thank everyone involved with this model and kit and joe for his excellent service.I would also like to add that using CA to tack together what you can and West epoxy sparingly between critical joints was much faster than using west an all the joints like i did on my 12.Although i did learn a lot building my 12 and gas whiplash,this boat went together much quicker than my 12 and is every bit as strong.The 12 was a bit small for my fingers but i got it done :D

I have a car header here that has two 90* bends with a straight section in between them that gets me out past the side of the boat and the pipe up higher would that mess up my tuning and or performance ??

Mine .21 Zippkit has the NR 35 plus 21 &NR header also. I noticed a little tight between header & tub. I have not ck out another header yet. I am still painting the hull. The NR header has some cooling fins on one side. Will look a little closer & get back to ya. The washer's that came with Joe's mount has one on top & one under, the mount

Yep the mount is installed correcty one washer on top and one on bottom.

My header is the only one that glenn was selling with the nr 5 port a year ago and yes there are something that looks like fins on it.

The tub is plenty deep so if necessary i would have no trouble with notching it out if it came down to that. ;)

No biggy to me.

you can take the nova header and heat it with a torch with very little heat.. put a dowl or something about the id of the header and bend it like butter.. it won't crack.. i have done it to alot of them no ill affects.

chris

Chris, that's too easy, Thank you for that one, butter you say. CK out the AA engine post in the general forum. Some new info on Al Hobbs header& pipe.ALSO look at the length of the pipe

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, do you use a dowl in both ends and gently open up the radious a bit ?

If you just put it in the pipe side, with it hot and slowly bend it, it should bend nice and smooth. Just have the motor side secured ie; in a vice.

Before i forget .....the heat and vise and dowl trick worked very well.Thank again.Just need another hole in the heder where the spring goes so that it will stay up and off the tub.should not be a problem..

Terry

Latest posts

Back