• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

.21-.45 Hydro Hardware For Sale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Solinger

For Sale, 3 hardware sets. This is a new design for .21-.45 hydro.

normal_Dscn0351.jpg

You will receive all that you see in this picture.

normal_Dscn0336.jpg

The strut is bored thru 1/4" in diameter and bushed to 3/16".

normal_Dscn0337.jpg

Instead of using lock nuts and washers on the inside of the transom I've made bolting plates for compactness and ease of assembly.

normal_Dscn0340.jpg

The rudder is made from 7075-T6 aluminum and measures 3 1/4" long from the very bottom of the mounting bracket.

normal_Dscn0343.jpg

The radio box seal is integral with the rudder bracket. The rudder bracket also uses a bolting plate instead of nuts and washers

normal_Dscn0345.jpg

The rudder is hollow ground to ensure complete water shedding and weight savings. It is .025-.035 thick at the leading edge and 3/16" thick at the trailing edge.

normal_Dscn0350.jpg

The rudder bracket is slotted for rudder angle adjustment.

The total weight of everthing in the 1rst picture, according to my postal scale, is 2.5oz. It will fit on a 1" x 3" transom. All machined components are made from 6061-T6 except the rudder which again is made from 7075. I'm asking $120 a set shipped in the US. Thank you for looking. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job on this hardwares. Are you going to make a gas rigger hardwares?

Richard

J Solinger said:
For Sale, 3 hardware sets. This is a new design for .21-.45 hydro.
normal_Dscn0351.jpg

You will receive all that you see in this picture.

normal_Dscn0336.jpg

The strut is bored thru 1/4" in diameter and bushed to 3/16".

normal_Dscn0337.jpg

Instead of using lock nuts and washers on the inside of the transom I've made bolting plates for compactness and ease of assembly.

normal_Dscn0340.jpg

The rudder is made from 7075-T6 aluminum and measures 3 1/4" long from the very bottom of the mounting bracket.

normal_Dscn0343.jpg

The radio box seal is integral with the rudder bracket. The rudder bracket also uses a bolting plate instead of nuts and washers

normal_Dscn0345.jpg

The rudder is hollow ground to ensure complete water shedding and weight savings. It is .025-.035 thick at the leading edge and 3/16" thick at the trailing edge.

normal_Dscn0350.jpg

The rudder bracket is slotted for rudder angle adjustment.

The total weight of everthing in the 1rst picture, according to my postal scale, is 2.5oz. All machined components are made from 6061-T6 except the rudder which again is made from 7075. I'm asking $120 a set shipped in the US. Thank you for looking. :)

95347[/snapback]

"Nice job on this hardwares. Are you going to make a gas rigger hardwares?

Richard"

Thank you. Maybe some day but not any time soon.

Very Nice looking hardware Joe! It looks like a lot of thought and original idea's have been incorporated into it!

Eric Canto said:
Is the rudder blade drilled for a water pick up?
Thanks

Eric Canto

95429[/snapback]

Yep it is. You will see the water inlet on the 4th picture from the top.

Joe

Looks like your rudder blade has concave sides and ont a straight wedge design.

The guys in my local area had problems with the old octura blade that was also concave bacause it oscillated at high speed and played hell with servos and handling.

An I seeng it wrong or what had been your experience. Mine is from the 80s and a lot has been learned since them.

thanks

Dan_Cousin said:
Joe
Looks like your rudder blade has concave sides and ont a straight wedge design.

The guys in my local area had problems with the old octura blade that was also concave bacause it oscillated at high speed and played hell with servos and handling.

An I seeng it wrong or what had been your experience.  Mine is from the 80s and a lot has been learned since them.

thanks

95477[/snapback]

This is a good question. Yes, these are hollow ground.

There are a couple differences between this one and the old Octura. These are substantialy thinner. Also, the trailing edge is sharp where as the Octura's trailing edges where radiused from the extruding process, along with the water pick up tube running down the back, causing water to drag at the trailing edges. At high speeds this drag could start shifting from edge to edge causing a hard shake, or shift the pull from one side to the other. There is nothing on these rudders to cause this drag shifting effect and should prove to be stable.

However, if they should prove to be a problem I will replace them with neutral wedge type rudders at my expence.

Latest posts

Back