2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty,

I started a new string for next weeks race with title "PNWTA.org presents the - 2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship".

Will you please post up the race schedule for the weekend?

Thanks

funAmuk racer

Marty,

I started a new string for next weeks race with title "PNWTA.org presents the - 2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship".

Will you please post up the race schedule for the weekend?

Thanks

funAmuk racer
#9 Marty Shallenberger

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:32 AM

NW Scale Hydroplane Race Update-

I'm happy to announce that we have added NAMBA 1/8 Scale Electric Class to this years race.

Please see below for updated race information-

The 10th Annual Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship is taking place October 5th and 6th at Twin Lakes Park in Arlington Washington. Currently we are planning on having open water for testing on Friday the 4th. There will be very little time for testing on race days so please take advantage of Fridays open water.

This year we will be running four classes of Scale Hydroplanes, Gas Scale Hydro, 1/8 Scale Nitro, 1/8 Scale Electric and 1/7 Scale Electric. We will also be running the NAMBA Classic Thunderboat class. If you have any questions about the race or need to know if your boat will be legal in its respective class please contact me at [email protected]

Race Schedule:

Friday - Open Water

Saturday - 1/7 Scale Electric will run all preliminary and final heats - Gas Scale, 1/8 Scale Nitro, 1/8 Scale Electric will run three or four preliminary heats

Sunday - Classic Thunderboats will run all preliminary and final heats - Gas Scale, 1/8 Scale Nitro and 1/8 Scale Electric will run the rest of their preliminary heats and all finals.

Marty

Marty Shallenberger

www.pnwta.org

Well the race is almost here, what time will things begin on Saturday and Sunday?
Hi David- Testing starting at noon on Friday and drivers meeting at 9:30 with first heat at 9:45 on Saturday and Sunday...

Race Schedule:

Friday - Open Water

Saturday - 1/7 Scale Electric will run all preliminary and final heats - Gas Scale, 1/8 Scale Nitro, 1/8 Scale Electric will run three or four preliminary heats

Sunday - Classic Thunderboats will run all preliminary and final heats - Gas Scale, 1/8 Scale Nitro and 1/8 Scale Electric will run the rest of their preliminary heats and all finals.

Marty

I will be there to hang out with my friends and support anyway I can, co-drive, whatever.......I finished tearing all the decking off the Miller American, other then some sponson repair on port side the hull is in great shape, maybe 14lb boat but strong as hell, new decks, a little cowling work, paint and graphics and I will be good to go.......................next season. Bummer as I was really looking forward to racing this weekend......................running into the back of retrieval boat at 30mph is not advisable.............just saying

Kevin

Kevin, you have the gift of understatement. From what I saw initially, it looked like you would be reworking the whole front half of the boat on the left side with a complete sponson rebuild. Nice to hear it wasn't that bad and will only require the sponson being redone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back