2013 Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship Results and Photos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Marty's hot rod
This is my latest build and she is very fast. We are still dialing in the balance of the hull with weight on the taped to sponson that will be added to the inside of the sponson during the off season

Marty

Hi Marty, Boat looks great. A little bird told me there is a mould coming off it this winter. Remember, I get one of the first. :wub: ;) .

I own the Miss US. Yes, I'm John's brother too. Let me know if you have any questions about it, etc.

Fred

I own the Miss US. Yes, I'm John's brother too. Let me know if you have any questions about it, etc.

Fred
fred, please provide specs, dimensions, wood or glass hull - recommended hull modifications, cowl availability and photos.

do you have any information about the lauterbach special ? contact info ?

thank you,

dave w.

[email protected]

The Lauterbach belongs to Charlie Gray [email protected]

This Miss US was a one off build by Robbi Roberts with mods done by Fred - No glass hulls that I am aware of at this time

Marty

Fred
fred, please provide specs, dimensions, wood or glass hull - recommended hull modifications, cowl availability and photos.

thank you,

dave w.

[email protected]

The Lauterbach belongs to Charlie Gray [email protected]

This Miss US was a one off build by Robbi Roberts with mods done by Fred - No glass hulls that I am aware of at this time

Marty

Fred

thank you,

dave w.

[email protected]
marty, thank you for the info, please post photos of these boats on the PNWTA web site.

dave w.

Driver and Boat Photos

I will be adding all the drivers as time permits so stay tuned !!!!!!!!!!!

The little scale boats are replicas of the of the hulls that won the fist 9 years of the 1/8 scale nitro class - I will be adding Adam's Beacon Plumbing boat to the rest and making a permanent trophy of the first 10 years of the NW Scale Champ Race

Marty

DSC_5112.jpg

DSC_5144.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a movie of the Nitro Final. Here is the link to my Skydrive storage site. I hope it works as I am new at this movie posting.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=520AEB271C676C7E!115&authkey=!AGYvKE-LludPjOk

Also, here is the 1/7th electric scale final. If you have never seen them run, you have to look twice to make sure you are seeing a model boat race. Yes, they are going "backwards".

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=520AEB271C676C7E!116&authkey=!ADtWzATc7gg-e_4
Wow. The Beacon Took out the York. How come it wasn't DQ'ed?

Because it couldn't be seen from the driver's stand through the wall of water coming off the Beacon's skid fin. That's why the officials doing the full sized boat races watch the first turn from a chopper rather than from the beach

Dave- The Lauterbach is actually a kit that can be purchased from Brian Blazer at Blazer Marine. You can look them up online. I also have one of these, although mine is finished in the GP 1001 Dynomites livery. I think that Charlie modified his kit to fit the Gas Scale Class. Check with Charlie to be sure.

As for my Miss US- It's a one off custom build derived from Roger Newton plans. The bottom of the hull and Sponsons have been modified from Roger's original drawings. It's a wood hull. This hull and cowl are being used as a plug this winter and will be available soon in fiberglass. The fiberglass version will not require any modifications. The hull and cowl will be available with a hull set up sheet that will include the basics in terms hardware placement, strut depth and angle, CG for the hull, where to mount things, etc. It runs really well. The concept is that people will be able to buy this hull that is a proven winner and if they follow the basic set up instructions will be able to have a competitive boat right out of the box. Stay tuned and when it's available an announcement will be made.

Back